A SOLDIER'S LIFE...

Anokhi... tu aaj office mein kaise...? tune to chutti le rakhi thi na...? Gynac appointment thi na teri...?

Appointment shaam ko postpone kar di hai maine... Shaurya ka wait kar rahi hu yaar, unke saath he jaungi aab mein kisi bhi check-up ke liye...

A half hearted reply from Anokhi, and she sighed in distress while occupying her designated place in the cubicle, a seat adjecent to her bestie Reema.

Aree to itni tension mein kyu hai yaar... aa jayenge na jiju... unki flight late rahi hogi... aur waise bhi Bangalore ki morning flights to hamesha se he delay rehti hai...

Reema retorted casually while joking around the fussy winter morning's of the city.

Pata nahi yaar... unka phone bhi band aa raha hai... aur Ahir bhi isn't answering my calls...
I don't know but mujhe na thori ghabrahat si ho rahi hai. Shaurya theek to honge na Reema...?

Anokhi's vexed state was clearly visible now.

Tu na zyada mat soch... samjhi... aur le ye coffee pe le... you will feel better. waise bhi aise haalat mein zyada stress lena is not good for you... breakfast kia tune...? Ya phir kuch order karu mein...? Sandwiches
khayegi...?

Nahi Reema... mein breakfast karke aae hu...

Averting her gaze Anokhi turned the other side faking her engrossment in some random files.

As always Reema was trying her best to calm down her bestie's wobbly nerves. The situation is always like this... whenever Anokhi is worried of Shaurya's wellbeing, she shares her fear with Reema.

Offcourse Shaurya being a commando in NSG, very few people know about him or for that matter his true profession and Reema is one of them.

Owing to nation's security protocols, Anokhi has to unwantedly hide her husband's identity from everyone, but Reema is one of those close friend's in her life with whom she can speak her heart out.

Acha sun... if you are not okay... let's swap our slots... mein teri prime time ki live anchoring karke aa jaungi... tu tab tak thora aaram kar le...

Being fellow journalist in one of the reputed media firms of the nation, they often share their workload and today was one such normal day.

Nahi yaar, rehne de Reema...
waise bhi agar khali baithi rahi, to mujhe aur bhi zyada tension hogi... Better I will do the reading by myself.

A wistful reply and Anokhi got up from her seat while picking up her belongings and her phone with a sole intent to try reaching him again.

Acha theek hai... as you say... tu apne studio room mein ja... mein teri aaj ke script wahi lekar aati hu...

Saying so Reema left to collect her reading prompts.

THE NUMBER YOU ARE TRYING TO REACH IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE.
PLEASE TRY AFTER SOMETIME.