Christmas in New York

"We're going to spend Christmas break at Times Square, New York!" Lamonte revealed to everyone.

All the kids including Miguel started hollering and jumping around with joy. Ashley was the most excited one since her play was in New York, this was perfect timing for her. But she was wondering what day they will be arriving to New York.

"What day are we going to New York?" Ashley asked.

"Since you said your drama class had to be there on December 23rd, let's leave on December 20th." Lamonte said, Ashley ran to hug her father and he embraced her back.

"Thank you so much!" Ashley said to him.

"You're welcome!" He said.

"When we arrive in New York, we will be staying at a hotel. At night time, we will visit Times Square." Mary told them.

"I always wanted to visit Times Square." Ashley said, she lets go of her father and went back to her seat.

Same here. How far is New York from Virginia?" Ellie asked.

"Three or four hours drive" Mary replied. Ellie was shocked to know that information.

"My buttocks will be hurting if I had to sit in the car for three or four straight." Ellie complained.

"No need to worry. We will be taking breaks every one hour drive, so that everyone can stretch their legs, use the bathroom, or grabs some snacks." Mary said, calming her daughter down.

"How long will we be staying at New York?" Tom asked.

"Until January 2nd, that's when we will be heading back home." Lamonte said.

"How long have you two been planning this?" Ashley asked.

"Since last year. There are a lot of things we have not told you all. Information that will make you lose your sanity." He said, teasing them.

"Can you tell us what information you are talking about?" Ellie asked.

"No!" He said.

"Why not?" Ellie questioned.

"Because you have not told us everything about Brandon and your relationship. Plus, it is a surprise!" He told her.

"You know that I hate surprises!" Ellie reminded him, still curious on what the surprise will be.

"Let's focus on Times Square and worry about the other surprise later. Trust me, this other surprise will blow your head off." He said, loving milking every moment of it.

"I don't want my head to blow off!" Tom exclaimed. Everyone laughed, he was wondering what was so funny.

"It is a figure of speech. Your head will be fine." Mary said.

"I got one last question. What are we going to do with all these Christmas decorations? Since we're going to celebrate Christmas in New York, what's the point of decorating the house?" Ashley asked, making a good point.

"We are not going to leave until December 20th, so we got plenty of time to decorate the house. Plus, the holiday season does not end until you three go back to school." Mary replied.

""It would be a waste of money if we did not decorate the house. That would not be very jolly of us!" Lamonte said.

"Is the conversation over because I need to finish my homework and pee?" Tom asked.

"That's gross!" Ashley told him, feeling disgusted.

"We've been talking for a long time. So I need to go now before this kitchen starts looking like the Nile River." Tom could not hold it any longer. The parents let everyone go. They are proud that they had a family discussion. This won't be the last time!