Prologue

One dark cold winter night was a great rush of mishap and danger for a little family of weasels. The crunching of snow could be heard from a desperate mother weasel trying to find her little one safety. She was being hunted. Her family was being hunted. Sabers were on her tail, just because she was in the way of their attack. There was nowhere she could run without being followed.

Her paw prints in the snow would give way to her location and put her young one in danger. A risk she was not willing to take. In the mothers loving arms, laid an F/c furred and E/c eyed baby weasel wrapped protectively in a leaf blanket. She was no older than three weeks old, she could barely open her eyes. Even though she had no idea what was going on, she knew the only way to keep safe was to keep quiet and let mommy do what she had to do. 

Passing through an orchard of trees, she made it to a snowy white field. In the distance was a lone willow tree that looked safe for hiding, but with the paw prints in the snow, her scent trailing behind, and her small infant in hand, she know what she needed to do. And it killed her to have to do it. Far behind was the fierce growling of sabers approaching quickly. She had no choice.

Dashing as fast as she could, the frightened mother dashed to the willow tree. Tears flew down her cheeks as she reached her destination. She made it to the trunk of the tree. Setting her child down in the snow for a little while, as she dug a small tunnel to protect her infant from predators, and the cold wind.

Gently she cradled her daughter in her arms and cherished the feeling of her daughter for the last time and placed her in the tunnel, she ran off and covered her tracks just as the sabers spotted her.

Up in the tree sat three possums, and a young mammoth, watching the mother weasel run off, with the sabers not far behind. The mother possum scurried down the tree and reached into the small dug-out tunnel. Holding the weasel close to her chest, she motioned her young possums and mammoth to meet the infant. Holding the infant clearer to the curious children, she welcomed her into their family.

''Welcome to your new home and family.'' The mother possum spoke.

''Y/n.''