Chapter one

Jades pov

I smoothen a small crease in my dark black dress as I look in the mirror. I try and prepare myself for the day ahead of me, but Somthing catches my eye. Tom, struggling to tie his tye. A small smile brims to my face at his boyishness and I slowly turn around.

I have lost everyone and everything in this world, all I have left is him. I don't know what I'd do without him. He is the light in this dark world.

"Let me help-"

"I've got it Jade!" He harshly snaps back at me.

"Tom..." I whisper under my breath.

"Today is hard for the both of us but we need to be there to help eachother like we have done so far." I try my best to smile.

His eyes soften and he let's his hands drop behind him, giving me access to his tye. I effortlessly do his tye in a few seconds and straighten out his suit for him. "I'm sorry my love" He grabs my wrist softly before I went to pull away. "He was my brother..." He whispers as he places his fourhead against mine.

He was my brother to.

"I know Thomas, believe me I know." I sniffle as I run my fingers through his loose curls.

"I miss him so much." He drops his head into my shoulder.

You have no idea.

"We have to go sweetheart." I lift his head up and wipe away the stray tears along his cheek.

"I can't do it Jade, I just cant-"

"Thomas. Don't go there. We will be Ok. We have to stay strong." I say before grabbing my black high heels of my shelf. "I don't know If I can be strong anymor-" He gets cut off by a light knock to our bedroom door.

"We have to go guys." Tom's brother Sam says softly before leaving us once again.

I hear Tom take a deep breath and straighten himself up in the mirror. "We can do this."

Can we?

Tom's pov

"Thank you so much." I smile as I Pull away from Harrisons mother.

He loved her so much.

"The Ceremony is starting in 10 minutes and I have to greet a few others sweetie." She places a warm hand on my back before walking away to greet others.

How is she so strong?

He was her son and she looks so put together. He was my best friend and I'm a wreck.

I didn't even realise the single tear trickling down my cheek until I felt her hand on my shoulder.

Jade. My jade. The only thing keeping me  alive. The light in my dark world.

"Honey, should we go freshen up in the bathroom?" Her sweet voice gracefully flows as if it was a melody only made for me.

I turn around to face her but I stop when I see her face. She has been crying to. She hasn't cried infront of me since he's been dead. The last time I saw her cry was when he-

I don't want to think about it.

"Yes." I say simply.

She needs this.

She grabs my hand eagerly and ushers me into the unisex toilet. Hm it's quite nice in here-

"I can't Tom. I can't do this. I can't do this. What the fuck!" She cries as the door immediately slams shut.