• gingerbread and Peppermint •

[Y/N POV]

I was awaken from my sleep by my shoulders being rapidly shaken by my younger brother. I don't know what time it is or why Charlie's up but it better be good.

"Y/N! Y/N! I heard a clatter!!"

"W..Whazzat?"

"A clatter! On the roof!!"

As he said that, i jerk up to the sound of a stomp on the roof. And a loud one too, sounded a bit panicked.

"Charlie, wake up dad."

He nodded and went racing to our dads room while I opened my night stand and pulled out a pocket knife. Whoever thought this would be a funny prank or a smart way to break in was about to get their ass handed to them, by me personally.

Putting the small weapon in my pocket I race downstairs and see my dad already down there, going to take a look at what's outside.

"Y/N, stay upstairs with your brother."

"No dad I'm coming with. Charlie's gonna follow us anyways so just go."

He realizes that Charlie will, I'm fact, probably just follow us anyways, so he allowed me to come.

He opens the door, we race outside and look up at the roof,

And there he is. Santa Claus.

Or was, as he gets scared from my dad yelling at him, slipping and falling off the roof, ouch.

"Dad what the hell did you do?"

"Shush kiddo"

He slowly approaches the body, me still in shock that this is actually Santa Claus. I look up and there's  reindeer on the roof, and a gorgeous sleigh. Any home intruder could dress up as Santa, but not get sleigh and reindeer in this gorgeous and quality condition.

"You got him!"

I hear Charlie racing our way from the house, and up to dad.

"Charlie stay where you are- Charlie would you listen to me? Stay up there!"

"It is Santa!" Charlie said while he gets a closer look.

"You killed him :("

"Did not! It's not Santa."

"Well, he was..."

"He probably had some ID on him. Fella if you can hear me I'm just looking for your identification."
Dad said while looking through Ex-Santa's pockets.

As dad found a little card in on of the pockets, he pulls it out and read the card while Charlie looked over his shoulder

"If something should happen to me, put on my suit. The reindeer will know what to do."

"Yeah right."

"Dad if he's not Santa explain the sleigh and reindeer." I pointed to what was on the roof, Charlie and Dad heading towards me.