𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤

joori was feeling spontaneous, and coupled with her current outlook on life, she was ready for a change.

she decided to be a bit reckless. for the past three hours, she had been sitting in a hair salon with her mum as the hairdresser bleached her hair. it was a new experience, and she hadn't before taken into account how long the process would take. after a few more rounds of bleaching and subsequent toning, the process was complete.

looking in the mirror, she didn't realise how much of a difference it made to her overall vibe. she thought she looked great, and her mother's support seemed to only encourage this newfound confidence in herself. she was ready to embrace the change instead of running from it, and her new haircut excited her to take more chances.

her hair was a cool blonde, almost white or silver. her hair was a little fried, and the new change had lent itself to a lot more split ends than she otherwise would have had to deal with, but it was a good look, a nice difference.

her hair was straightened, although it usually leant that way naturally after a shower. it was long, reaching past her shoulders and stopping somewhere in the middle of her back. 

after getting it styled, they went into town, stopping at a cafe to talk. joori caught her mum up on jay, amongst other things, and it made her feel like a teenager gossiping about her crush.

"so you've moved on from jake, huh?" joori's mother had a hand stretched out across the table, softy stroking her daughter's knuckles. it wasn't clear whether or not she meant it as a dig, but it surely came across that way.

joori moved her hand away and hid it under the table, clearly disturbed by the prodding for information.  her leg was bouncing, and she kept her hands on it to minimize their movement, although it didn't seem to help. she never kept secrets from her mother, it was just hard to look her directly in the eyes and admit she had a failed relationship that was causing her stress. another one too.

"yes, but that's not why i'm hanging around jay." 

if joori was ready to be scolded, she would have sighed, yet today she wasn't prepared for it, nor was she on top of her emotions enough. she didn't expect more from her mother, other than to hold off from the criticism until she was feeling herself again.

"you do talk about him like a rebound though. i know you're old enough to make your own decisions, but i'm telling you don't run to someone else."

she had a look in her eyes that joori had only seen a few times in her lifetime, but regardless, joori knew what it meant. the pout on her lips resembled that of when joori first got detention, or when she broke up with jake.

"just try not to break any hearts, including your own."

lectures had ended a few days ago for a week-long break, which joori planned to spend with jay, and then planned to spend alone after he bailed on her. there was a halloween party coming up, and so she told herself she'd go just this once, and let loose. before having a whole week to herself, her mother had invited herself up, which joori could hardly say no to.

they spent the day shopping mostly, before bidding goodbye at the train station, where they shared a hug before departing. "take care," her mother shouted across the platform as her train approached, to which joori nodded before leaving, a smile present on her face.