✨ 𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒉 𝑯𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝑩𝒆𝒕𝒂𝒛𝒆𝒅 ✨

The Sixth House of Betazed is one of the ancient noble houses on Betazed. To be a member of such a social class in Betazoid culture is to be considered descendants of the Goddess, Karawati, herself and a part of influential ancestry. The Sixth House is considered to be the House of Heart and Life — tasked with promoting the hearty and vivacious enjoyment of life. Over the past three centuries, heads of the House have come from the Sai family.

~o0o~

Broadly speaking, the modern interpretation of the Sixth House's mission is one of maintaining the 'liveliness' or 'spirit' of Betazed and bolstering the relevancy of the Noble Houses — though various families and family members often vary on their personal take on the House's motivations.

A jaded Betazoid might describe the Sixth House's mission using the old Earth phrase, "bread and circuses," — vital distraction to appease and entertain the common folk into continued obedience. A member of the Sixth House, however, may feel that only stuffy ingrates believe entertainment to be frivolous.

It is, perhaps, no surprise then that the Sixth House is deeply involved in the landscape of political gossip and tabloids on Betazed and is often associated with scandal — though they are rarely at the center of it themselves.

— — — — —

ABOUT THE SIXTH HOUSE

Along with old fortune, the Mother Perennial (or Father Perennial) of the Sixth House also carries the titles of 'Keeper of the Silver Keys' and 'Guardian of the Treasure of Medara'. There is also the secondary title of 'Keeper and Protector of the Sacred Tree of Altha', but this is usually borne by the Perennial Ascendant of the Sixth House. The Sixth House also places an importance on family bonds, spreading resources around equally in successful attempts to support extended family.

The Sixth House is currently headed by Evanora Sai. She has been Mother Perennial of the Sixth House since 2223, ever since her own mother's passing. Evanora is considered influential by Betazoids as she is one of their most famous fashion designers. She has been married to the Human male known as Thomas Grayson since 2199. Thomas has a long and distinguished career within Starfleet and was head of the organization for 15 years before retiring. Through his service for Starfleet and to the Federation, Thomas has gained much respect on many member planets (such as Andoria, Betazed, Earth, Halii and Tellar Prime).

Another notable member of the Sai family is Lexaya Sai-Henstridge. She is Evanora's eldest granddaughter. Lexaya is a psychologist by trade and works as a counselor for Starfleet. She is semi-famous on Betazed simply because she was born into and is part of the Betazoid nobility, as well as because she attends the biannual Medara-Rixx and Dalaria City fashion weeks on Betazed as frequently as her Starfleet work schedule will allow her whenever her grandmother is debuting new designs. Given her noticeability and positon within Betazoid society, there was much buzz when Lexaya revealed she was pregnant back in 2253. The only place where she was able to get any semblance of peace during that time was when she spent the summer studying the teachings of the goddess Karawati at the Kholara Monastery on the island of Kholara in the Khara Archipelago. The priestesses who lived and worked at the monastery were very kind and accommodating to the expectant mama during her two-month stay with them.

The Vulcan-Human Spock is also another notable member of the Sixth House. He is part of the House through his Human mother, Amanda Grayson, who was adopted by Evanora Sai and Thomas Grayson (who was her uncle by blood) after her parents' passings. Spock's Vulcan father, Ambassador Sarek, continues to be recognized as a House member because of his marriage to his late wife.