いい夫婦の日

Len saw a bunch of tweets with the hashtag 'いい夫婦の日' all over his Twitter timelines. Apparently, 11/22 sounds similar to the good married couple in Japanese, so this day is also called the good couple day. Many fans from different fandoms were wishing for their ships to get married, and of course, some tweets were saying 'RinLen are married' and illustrations were drawn for this day.

Even though it's been more than 14 years since they were created, he's already used to fans celebrating this day for them.

But for some reason, he did feel his cheeks getting warmer.

He got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. Rin, who got off the bed a bit early than he was already there, was still looking a bit sleepy.

"Rin, do you know what day is it?"

"November twelfth, I guessed?" She answered in a lazy voice, he was sure that she was still half asleep.

"I was on my phone, it seems like it's the good couple day in Japan," Len tried to act naturally and said it with the most calming voice possible.

"Oh is that so?"

Rin put on her headband that looked like her regular ribbon, and proceed to bend down to wash her face.

"I saw many fans tweeting 'RinLen are married' and stuff, it's kind of wild that people are still telling us to go get married even to this day, don't you think?"

Len was getting embarrassed as he talked, and Rin, on the other hand, did not show any reaction at all. She was just quietly drying her damped face with the towel.

"Go get married huh..." Rin whispered to herself.

Even though it seems like she was much awake compared to her earlier look, Len was not so sure anymore.

"Is anything wrong with that...?"

"Because it sounds weird coming from you, I mean the part about getting married,"

Anything Rin just said makes no sense to Len. Did she just feel that their relationship has not reached the point of marrying each other? Or it is about them being Vocaloid and not humans?

"Even though we can't wear the wedding rings, we shared the same last name, so we are technically married in some ways, am I right?" She put on a big smile just for him.

"You could say that..." The sudden confession made his heart skip a beat. He still tried to use a calming voice to answer her, but his hand was already reaching for her her cheek.

As he slowly decreased the distance between them, when he was about close his eyes to kiss her, the cold fingers stopped his lips.

"I had already finished brushing my teeth, go brush your teeth and wash your face, and then we can continue," Rin looked at him with her naive, puppy-like eyes.

"You're serious?" Len frowned a little upon hearing that.

"You are the one that insisted to stay in bed with your phone when I want you to get out of bed with me," She stuck out her tough to make a face at him.

Since Rin had already destroyed that mood, Len had no choice but to pick up his toothbrush like how he was told to do.

Rin was laughing while covering her mouth, and Len was just looking at her from the mirror and sighed heavily. Well, he was the one who decided to spoil his wifu.

"Hey, Len," Rin called him with a sweet voice.

Before he could make a sound, Rin had already reached out and grabbed his chin gently, planting a kiss lightly on his cheek.

"You're not the only one who's spoiling their partner, husbando,"

He could not believe his ears for a second, it was like Rin can read his mind. He could only call her that in his mind, but would never dare to address Rin with that word.

Rin got out of the bathroom quickly after, leaving Len standing alone with his jar dropped.

However, he did catch Rin's ear reddening before she left.