Chapter 1

(Picture of Andie at top or side)

It was about a week after the pizzeria date and school was coming up again, senior year.

-

"And then I told him 'yeah, says you!' It was awesome." Everyone laughed, but stopped when we pulled up in front of school. "Good luck kiddos" Damien chuckled, hugging Penny as we all hopped out of the car.

"Do we really have to go to hell?" Brandon mumbled.

I chuckled, adjusting my backpack strap and fixed my hair.

To be honest, school wasn't that bad for me, I could get away from my dad, hang out with my friends, even if some of the students and teachers are shit.

Brandon slung his arm over my shoulder, pinching my nose. I scrunched my face at him. Pushing him off and chuckled.

"Why must you hurt me like this, Andie?" He 'pouted' followed by a laugh.

I rolled my eyes, checking the time and realized the bell rang in 45 seconds.

-

"I hope you guys have a good school year" Mrs. Yang, our science teacher said excitedly. The final bell rang and I grabbed my books.

"Andie!" I heard Penny's familiar perky voice from behind me. I turned on my heel, she ran towards me. "We're going to the mall, you're coming with"

She grabbed my arm, starting to pull me. I held back, she pulled me harder.

"I can't"

"Of course you can! Your dad won't mind at all!"

Bullcrap.

"I have homework to catch up on"

I wish that was a lie.

"What cruel teacher gives homework on the first day?"

"Mr. Lake"

Her mouth formed an o, she frowned.

"We'll, I guess I'll see you tomorrow" she mumbled.

I felt bad, I almost always had to turn my friends down, I always felt horrible, but I knew my dad wouldn't be happy with me, so I had to.

-

I pulled in the driveway, grabbing my bag and started walking towards the house.

I heard a crash and a scream inside.

Shit.

Elizabeth was inside alone with my dad.

I opened the door, to see multiple glass shards everywhere, along with beer bottles and my dad crying hysterically, obviously drunk, and Elizabeth of the floor with a cut on her forehead.

I dragged her into the bathroom.

"Lock yourself in here, wash your forehead, don't come out until I tell you to."

She nodded slowly, I grimaced, hating to see her in pain.

I closed the door, hearing it lock behind me. I turned down the hallway, to the living room where he was scarfing down another bottle.

"Hey dad" I said calmly, trying to get him to calm down.

I glared up at me. I felt my heart stop, the look in his eyes were pure hatred.

I'd never seen him like this, not in years.

I stood still for a moment, and then took a close step forward.

"DON'T COME NEAR ME!"

I grimaced at his loud voice.

He threw a beer bottle at the floor, it shattered at my feet. I jumped back. Even though I knew the sound, I'd never gotten used to it.

"This is your fault" he slurred, standing up sloppily. He stumbled towards me, I backed up, but he had pinned my against the wall.

"This is your f*cking fault! SHE'S GONE BECAUSE OF YOU!" He shouted.

I kept silent, I wouldn't scream, I didn't want Elizabeth to worry. I looked at the bathroom door, wondering if she was okay.

I felt a sharp pain, and fell to the floor, shocked.

The shit punched me.

I rubbed my cheek, starting to get up.

He pushed me down again, kicking me repeatedly.

I grimaced in pain, clutching my stomach.

I moaned in pain, he kept kicking, punching, slapping, yelling. It felt like forever.

The last time it was this bad was 7 years ago, I was 10.

*7 years earlier*

"Andie, I'm going out to the doctor!"

Dad called, walking out the door.

I didn't want him to become addicted to drinking.

I snuck into the kitchen, opening the fridge I grabbed a stool and took the beer from the top shelf. I walked outside, the 6-pack of bottles in my hands.

One by one I threw them on the ground, proud of myself.

The second dad got home he was already mad, he said something happened at the doctor, but he didn't tell me. When he went to grab a beer, he started yelling. It was one of the worst nights of my life. Elizabeth was having a sleepover, so I was alone.

All night.

It was the longest night of my life, he didn't stop, it was unbearable. I could barely even walk, I didn't even look at beer until a year later.

*back to present*

Everything was getting blurry, everything hurt more, it was unbearable.

"Please.... Stop..."

I cradled myself.

He walked into his bedroom, slamming the door. I realized I was laying on top of glass shards. I managed to pull myself away from them, and let darkness take me.