Sports Festival ~ Ch. 7

A/N I changed the second round because a cavalry battle didn't work well with Izuku so.

The day of the Sports Festival came around quickly but not before every person had put their all into getting stronger. As it was going to be deciding their future hero carriers, they couldn't afford to just wing it. It was stressful for everyone, even students who were not in the hero course because they would have a chance to move in.

Midnight had volunteered to oversee all the matches along with Cementoss who was there to stop anyone going over board, and Present Mic was doing commentary. In fact, he had almost begged to be put in charge of it. The man had a love for loud noises and even had a side job in the radio industry, he had even somehow gotten Aizawa to join in with him.

"WELCOME TO THOSE WATCHING! LET US FIRST WELCOME THE HERO COURSES, CLASS 1-A AND 1-B!"

Loud cheering was rumbling through out the stadium as a door opened up from below the stands. Out came the two said hero classes, some of whom were waving at the crowds while others were more to themselves.

"NEXT LETS HAVE OUR GENERAL STUDIES COURSES, CLASS C, D AND E. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST OUR SUPPORT COURSE STUDENTS IN CLASSES F, G AND H! CAN I GET A YEAAAAHHHH!?"

Even without the microphone his quirk was enough to let the whole stadium hear him and even some people outside. The audience burst into cheers, albeit slightly quieter than when the hero course students came on, but not many people had yelled "YEAH" like Present Mic had asked them to. Aizawa just rolled his eyes next to him, barely visible underneath the multiple bandages and casts but definitely slightly less mummy-looking than before.

"Let us have our lovely student representative from our Class 1-A, Koe!" This time it was Midnight who was speaking over the obnoxious crowd. A few whispers went around before the said student with black and green hair walked up to the stage beside Midnight.

He paused for a few seconds to think about what to say. His eyes skimmed through the stands before landing on one very cheery bird who was munching away at some chicken legs. With a small wave he turned away and faced in front of him.

"Let's do our best." The crowd was silent for a moment, expecting him to say more, before cheering again.

"What a short but motivational speech! Now let us all prepare for the first round which is....AN OBSTACLE COURSE! You will race around the track to get into the top 42, anything goes except for intentional damage to your opponent, sabotage is allowed though! Now will the students please line up! PLUS ULTRA!" Midnight said.

Midoriya stepped off the stage and looked towards the starting point which was a very long and narrow tunnel. As soon as he saw it he turned around to whisper something towards Midnight.

Midnight smirked back before replying to his question.

"There is no height limit!"

The greenette walked away, internally grinning, and headed towards the back of the pushing students. The 3 lights flashing above the students who were all waiting for the green light.

The traffic lights above let out a 'ding!' and all the students rushed forward, tripping over and pushing past each other. Midoriya stepped back before calmly whispering.

"Wings of light."

Bright translucent wings appeared from his back, they didn't attach onto his back like bird wings but were more like light melded to just follow him.

While the rest of the students were trying to all fit in the narrow tunnel, Midoriya flapped his wings cautiously before jumping up into the sky and zooming over the whole chaos party.