Chapter One: Welcome to Hueco Mundo, Ben Tennyson.

Ben Tennyson groaned as he slowly opened his eyes.

"What happened?" he asked himself. Last thing he remembered was enjoying a nice smoothie when a strange hole opened up in thin air and he was sucked into it.

Wobbling to his feet, Ben looked around. Much to his surprise, he found himself in some kind of desert. It was night time, obvious from the fact that the sky was dark and there was a crescent moon up there.

"Okay," Ben said. "Where am I?"

He looked to the left, then to the right. Nothing as far as the eye could see. But that changed as soon as he turned around.

"Whoa," he breathed.

Standing in the distance was some kind of massive dome. Ben had never seen that before in his entire life. Did it belong to humans or aliens? Was it safe to go there?

"Well," Ben admitted. "It's better than staying out in the desert and waiting for something to happen." He activated the Ultimatrix and switched the dial to Jet Ray. With that, he slammed down on the dial and transformed into the giant red stingray.

"Jet Ray!" Jet Ray yelled despite the fact that there was no one there to hear it. "Man, I never get tired of that."

Taking off into the sky, Jetray zoomed at his fastest speed to get to the giant dome. As he flew, Jetray thought about the events that brought him to this wasteland.

"Okay, Ben. Think. You were having a smoothy with Gwen and Kevin, then a hole opens up and you get sucked in. But what was that hole in the first place? It didn't look like any portal I had seen before. And what made the portal anyway?"

All this and more jumbled through Ben's mind as he got closer to the giant dome. He wondered what kind of people lived in that dome and if they could help him. But then the possibility that there was no one there at all occurred to Ben. A big dome like that in the middle of a desert? Well, Ben had encountered many bizarre places that turned out not to be deserted. But usually the inhabitants of those places were far from friendly. But just as he was within walking distance of the dome, a giant hand of sand came out of the ground and grabbed Jet Ray in its fist.

"Hey!" Jet Ray yelled. "What in the... Let me go!"

And then Jet Ray saw that the giant hand belong to a giant made of sand. It rose out of the ground and looked at Jet Ray, who was struggling to get out of the giant's clutches.

"Who dares trespass to the sanctity of Las Noches?" the creature bellowed at Jetray. "What manner of creature be you? You are not a Hollow or an Arrancar."

"Las Noches?" Jet Ray asked. "Is that what that dome thing is called?" If he recalled correctly, there was no place on Earth that went by the name of Las Noches. Then again, it sounded Spanish. Did he somehow wind up in Spain? Then he remembered the sand monsters other two questions. "Hollow? Arrancar? What in the world are you talking about? Where am I?"

"Do you jest with me, creature?" the sand giant rumbled. "You expect me to believe that you came to Hueco Mundo by accident."

Hueco Mundo? Ben thought. Was that the name of the desert? Now Ben was really confused. He remembered studying deserts in geography. And he had never heard of a desert called Hueco Mundo.

"Do you take me for a fool, monstrosity?" the sand giant asked.

"Look who's talking," Jet Ray shot back, annoyed that this freak show made of sand had the nerve to call him a monstrosity. "Look, I'm just a little lost that's all. I have no idea where I am or how I got here. Just let me through and see whoever's in charge of this place."