Parental problems

The day wasn't turning out how I wanted it to be.  From when I woke up (Even though I didn't sleep that much, to begin with) to right now at lunchtime, it felt like it was only going to get worse.  

Edaline and I crowded around the glass table and sat across from each other.  Grady was running an errand for the council and wouldn't be back until tomorrow night.  

"Worried about something?" Edaline asked.  "And don't say nothing, because something is bothering you." 

"It is nothing,"  I said.  "Mom you'll just have to trust me."  

"I'm your mom, and you need to trust me."  

"It's just that everything is complicated, we're always behind the neverseen, and-"  I started.

"That love triangle,"  Grady said with a smug smile as he walked through the door.  

"I thought you weren't supposed to get home until tomorrow night,"  I said.

"You don't sound excited to see me," He said as I rushed toward him to give him a hug.  He squeezed me tightly and then quickly let go to give Edaline a kiss.  

"That is what's bothering you isn't it, that love triangle between you Fitz, and that boy,"  He said.

"Dad he isn't 'that boy' he just made a mistake as all do, I've told you this so many times,"  I repeated.  

"I just want you to be safe."

"He saved me,"  I said, getting frustrated.

"If that's what you want to say,"  He said, swiftly turning his back to me.  

He came over to Edaline and whispered through her ear, she nodded and I heard her say "Yes."  

"You know I'm right here,"  I said irritably.  Edaline cocked her head up with a look of surprise.

"I know-," Edaline started.

"You are a child and you'll go right up to your room right now!"  Grady explained, putting his finger to as a gesture to go.  

I walked up to my room with my shoulders slumped downwards and my feet dragging against the floor.  I would like to think that Grady didn't mean what he said, and he probably didn't, but for now, I didn't think that.   I bit my lip to take my mind off thinking about Grady.                                

"I heard a lot of screaming down there, what was that?"  Sandor asked.  

"Grady,"  I said, annoyed.  Sandor put his silver sword down and then walked over to me.  

"Sometimes people will be mad at you, or angry at you, and I learned as a bodyguard that you just have to get over it and protect the person you're supposed to protect,"  He said, putting his hand on my shoulder.  

"I'm going to go,"  I said.  

"Wherever you go, I go,"  Sandor said.  

"I've had the talk enough, "Wherever you go, I go,"  I repeated.  "I understand now." 

I took a peek at Iggy, who was now white with black stripes, probably the work of Keefe.  

I grabbed my notebook from my backpack and then looked through my notes to prepare for the test tomorrow.  

"You never look at your notes,"  Sandor acknowledged.  

"That's because I'm too busy dealing with you,"  I said.  I riffled through the pages, my eyes darting side to side looking for the notes I needed.  

After a couple of hours searching through the eight notebooks I had I gave up and hailed Keefe.  

Keefe's face appeared in the imparter looking tired like he hadn't slept in days, and his hair was all messed up, unlike the smooth hair he usually preferred.  

"Hello, Foster,"  He said with a grin.  "What are you doing."

"Nothing,"  I said.

"Well why did you call me,"  He said.

"Because Grady is mad at me and Edaline knows well enough not to argue with him, and I wanted someone to talk to."  

"Now you know what my whole life feels like, with my dad barely talking to me and my mom on a killing spree...Yeah, that's how it feels,"  Keefe said, with a look of loathing toward his parents.

There was dead silence until I said something.  "Are you still going to Foxfire?"  

"Yeah only because my dad is making me,"  He said.  "I wouldn't go if I didn't have to."