prologue

The last place Isla had expected to run into her perfect stranger once more was in the heart of Italy. Nonetheless, at the one place she really didn't want to be right now. Luisinha hadn't been there when she had met him two years ago, they were barely even friends at that point so she couldn't have known.

Isla thought she had left him behind in New York that beautiful evening; when she told him they would leave it up to fate to cross paths again. She had lost hope soon after when she hadn't run into him by the end of his trip. She had tried to find him a few days after but he never told her his full name.

It was the only time she had felt slightly romantically hopeful in the last two years.

And because she was going through too much already that night, she had refused to give him her number. But, Isla had never forgotten that night in the dive bar back in New York. She hadn't forgotten the way he smiled at her or the way his laugh sounded.

And nothing about him changed.

Daniel was stunned to say the least when he saw her greeting his teammate right as they were entering the garage. He wasn't completely certain if he had fully recognized her at first, but the moment he heard her voice: he knew.

Not even Michael had noticed she was stood with no other than Landos girlfriend, away in the back of the McLaren garage. But he definitely noticed the way his best friends face had lit up when he had finally spotted her.

It seemed that fate had truly brought them back together as she had told him like some sort of invisible string.

coming january 2023!