𝐢. where'd all the time go?

EDITH LOOKED OUT OF THE WINDOW, the train raced past trees and sparkling waters

EDITH LOOKED OUT OF THE WINDOW, the train raced past trees and sparkling waters. Excitement bubbled up in her as she began to forget about the harsh accident that had caused her parents such misfortune and misery.

The girl was moving to a place called Green Gables, it was far out in the country unlike where Edith use to reside, she use to live in London where the city was. Maybe it's what she needed though, she never really liked the city, she found working on farms and big fields you could run in for hours far more interesting.

The city was never her thing, she enjoyed running and playing in the rain or picking up flowers for endless of minutes than to walk around a crowded town and shop for dresses with puffy sleeves and horrendous prices. She was so caught up in her thoughts that she hadn't noticed a woman sit next to her.

The woman had brown hair with a ribbon that tied it back, a blue dress to match with it. She looked down at Edith with a concerned expression. " You seem awfully young to be on this train, do you have anyone traveling with you? " She had a British accent. It had brought Edith out of her thoughts. " Oh! Sorry, " She said and looked up at the woman, she seemed to be around 16. " I could say the same for you. " She continued a smile falling onto her face.

" Well i am 16 only, i'm looking for my mother. She's disappeared... " She said looking down. Sorrow filled Edith as she tried to muster up something. " What's your name? I can try and find her if you'd like. " She said making eye contact with the girl. " It's Enola Holmes but please don't try and look for her, you seem far to young. " Enola said, shaking her head with furrowed eyebrows.

The train had started to come to a stop. " I'm Edith Wheeler and if you don't want me, to i suppose i won't. " She looked away from her seeing the sign that said " GREEN GABLES, AVONLEA.
2 HOURS AWAY. "

Edith smiled and sat up, dusting off her light blue dress. " It was a pleasure meeting you Mrs Holmes. " She said holding her hand out, Enola took it and shook her hand lightly. " You too. "

 "