― 𝐭𝐞𝐧.

maira sighed.

she was sat in her office, staring at the blank screen of her computer. she had no idea how much time had passed, but she knew that a lot of time had passed. the one thing that she had enjoyed doing; and she truly did believe that it was her passion, was ripped out of her hands and torn to shreds. 

although at first she struggled to remember most of what had happened yesterday, it all had unfortunately come back to her whilst she handed over all her work to seonghwa, only her drunken episode still remaining forgotten. seonghwa had looked guilty when he had arrived, apologising that it had ended up this way. of course he knew how much this meant to her, but this was the sad reality of her relationship with her father. 

"maira," hongjoong had the door half open as he knocked against it, catching the girl's attention. "are you okay?" 

taking in a deep breath, maira slowly released it as she stared at the blank screen. she could make out her reflection, and all that was staring at her was a depressed, twenty three year old with daddy issues. hating the image that stared back at her, she abruptly decided that she wanted to get over her self-pitying episode. she grabbed her bag, standing up from her desk and walking over to hongjoong who was surprised at how quickly she switched up. then again, he didn't really expect any less.

"i wanna go shopping." she suddenly requested, walking past him.

"suddenly?" he questioned, tilting his head in confusion as he followed after her. maira rolled her eyes at the question, wondering why the boy was surprised at the request. he should know by now that the only two things that heal her are shopping and drinking ― there was no in between. 

"mhm." maira hummed, pressing the button to call the elevator.

"but what about your schedule? there are a few clients that wanted to―"

"cancel them." maira cut off hongjoong as they stepped into the elevator. "i won't be meeting any clients until after the launch." she ordered as hongjoong continued to stare at her in surprise. "or if they're desperate, then get them to meet with seonghwa."