Mount Weather (Chapter 2)

TW: Offensive language

After trying to find a weapon and having a weird feeling I was being watched I turn up empty I go over to the drop ship hoping to find some sort of metal so I can create a knife or sword from it. I look over and see that people are already arguing I sigh and walk over.

"We need to find Mount Weather. You heard my father's message. That has to be our first priority" I hear Wells say I roll my eyes at him at the mention of his father. " We don't want help from your father Wells and you're definitely not in charge down here so how about you be quiet" I spit the words at him as I say it he looks at me like I've just betrayed him I roll my eyes again and look away from him and see Octavia smirk at me.

"It doesn't matter who's in charge. We need to get to Mount Weather not because the Chancellor said so, but because the longer we wait, the hungrier we'll get and the harder this'll be. How long do you think we'll last without those supplies? We're looking at a twenty-mile trek, okay? So if we want to get there before dark, we need to leave now" I look over at Clarke and then look down because I noticed I let anger get the best of me instead of thinking straight my father wouldn't have wanted this.

"I got a better idea. You two go, find it for us. Let the privileged do the hard work for a change" Everyone starts to agree with them but I thought to myself how are two people gonna carry enough food for all of us? Idiots.

Suddenly everyone starts to gang up on Wells and a kid I believe is named Murphy shoves Wells even though I can easily stop this I just watch the scene unfold. Finn seems to jump down out of nowhere and starts to back Wells up "Kid's got one leg. How about you wait until it's a fair fight?" Octavia walks over to him.

"Hey spacewalker rescue me next," she says in a flirty tone then after a moment she looks over to her brother who's giving her a disapproving look "what? He's cute" he shakes his head "He's a criminal" I send him a glare "We're all criminals asshole" he ignores me "Look, O. I came down here to protect you" I don't listen to anything else since Murphy walks over and gives me a sly smirk "Hey what's your name?" I look him up and down "None of your business"

I leave him by himself and I walk back over to the drop ship in search of some materials to make a weapon I finally find some metal that seems to be broken from the drop ship due to our rough landing I go and find some fabric to make a handle for the knife after I'm happy with my work I swing it around and twirl it in my hand and then slid it in the back of my trousers.

I walk over to Clarke and hear Finn say "So Mount Weather. When do we leave?" Clarke looks at him "Right now. We'll be back tomorrow with food." I look at the two "who else is going? you're going to need more people if you wanna carry enough food for all of us" I expressed my earlier concerns Finn grabs two boys I haven't cared enough to learn their names "The four of us. Can we go now?" I look at him " You mean the five of us" he sends me a smirk as Octavia skips over "Sounds like a party. Make it six"

As expected Bellamy comes over to question Octavia I roll my eyes and try to patiently wait for the group to leave after Clarke explains how important these stupid bracelets are I suddenly want to take it off knowing nobody is waiting for me up on the ark and I know it will put me off balance if we are in danger.

We start to leave and then Octavia comes over to me "Before you get any ideas, Finn is mine" I chuckle " I like girls" Octavia laughs as she walks up to Finn probably to flirt with him I've never cared what people think about me and my sexuality I like what I like and I don't care what other people say about it so I don't mind talking about it. I keep on walking for a while just enjoying the scenery then I spot Clarke walking up to me " Hey how are you? I thought I'd never see you again after my mum told me about you getting arrested and what happened to your...." Clarke trails off as I look at her and quirk an eyebrow "I'm fine Clarke" I say flatly and look ahead not wanting to talk I have a feeling she wants to remise the happy memories up on the ark or to tell me to not give Wells a hard time whichever it is I'm not interested in following what she has to say.

It seems she understands that I don't wanna talk since she is quiet for a few seconds but no "I know I don't completely understand what you've been through but if you want to talk then I'm here" I purse my lips and I ignore her and keep looking ahead until she gets the hint and walks at a faster pace to catch up with Finn I know she's just trying to be nice but her taking over this leadership role just reminds me of life on the ark.

I fall in step with Octavia she looks over at me "What's your name?" I smirk thinking that I should actually start telling people my name. "Xena" I raise my hand still with a smirk on my face and she chuckles and shakes my hand I think to myself maybe I can make some friends down here.

"Now, that, my friend, is game." I break eye contact with Octavia and look over and see the kid with goggles pick some flowers I smile knowing I can mess with him "Hey goggles that is poison sumac"

He looks over at me with a terrified expression and drops the flower I laugh at his reaction but the Asian boy reassures him "The flowers aren't poisonous. They're medicinal, calming, actually" I smile and carry on walking as Clarke complains to catch up "Someone should slip her some poison sumac" I laugh at Octavia's words and carry on walking down the path I catch a glimpse of a deer I tap on Octavia shoulder and point to it " Is that a deer?" Everyone looks over and then it turns its head and we all groan at the deformed head of the deer.

After our run-in with the deer we carry on walking towards the mountains chatting away I mostly stay quiet apart from the little snarky comments I could get in when I could. As I did stay quiet I noticed two things from how Finn interacts with Clarke I notice that he likes her and from the dorky little comments that jasper keeps voicing I noticed he's trying to get Octavia's attention so he likes her but it sounds like she definitely isn't interested I also learn jaspers names and Monty and I was feeling nice enough to share my name. Clarke also shares how she got arrested it turns out I was right to be hard on Wells since he apparently turned on her after Clarke and her father wanted to go public about the oxygen levels running out on the ark and that ended up with her father getting floated and her arrested.

We all made it to a river I looked over to see Octavia getting undressed she looks over and smirks "Come on Frosty the fun is down there" she runs and jumps down into the lake I quickly follow suit and take off my clothes and jumped in slashing Octavia in the process.

"Oh, damn, I love Earth. Oh! Holy..." jasper exclaims "I can't swim" me and Octavia laugh as we stand up " I know, but we can stand. Ha ha ha!" They all start taking off their clothes " Octavia, Xena get out of the water now!" Jasper shouts I look at him confused "Get out of the water now!" Me and Octavia start to swim to back to the rock edge I look around and catch a glimpse of Octavia getting dragged under the water "Octavia!!" I look around wildly I catch a glimpse of her again and start thrashing around frantically trying to distract whatever took her and trying to swim away in the process I look back again and see a ripple in the water coming towards me lucky I was right next to a rock I quickly jumped up and saw jasper pulling Octavia out of the water I sigh in relief

I looked over to them to see Octavia and jasper hugging and her thanking him "Hey where's my hug? I helped" I said with a smirk we all chuckled "Note to self, next time, save the girl" we all burst out laughing at Monty's comment and relax at the sight of everyone okay.
______________________________

A/N: The updates are random and I'm more of a reader instead of an author but I really wanted to try out publishing and will be doing a legacies book next if this is successful :)