Chapter 13

*Gabby's POV*

*Gabby's POV*

            A large group of us danced in the back yard, all slightly intoxicated. I danced with Andy while we passed a blunt back and forth.

I was pulled out of my not so sober thoughts when I heard a gun go off. When I turned around I saw blood spreading across the front of my dads white T-shirt.

"No!" I screamed, tears instantly springing to my eyes as I dropped the nearly full cup and blunt to the ground. I ran to my dads side as he collapsed to the ground.

"No, no, no. Dad." I cried holding his face as Spooky sat next to us holding pressure on the bullet wound as he yelled for someone to call 911.

This isn't happening. My ears were ringing as I stared down at my dad as he slowly blinked his eyes.

"Hang in there, help is on the way." I whispered, the tears freely flowing as I held my dads face.

"I love you so much, baby girl. Forever. You make me so proud." He whispered, closing his eyes but not reopening them.

"No, dad!" I cried shaking his face a little. "No, you can't do this. You can't die on me!" I yelled the tears pouring down my face as I shook.

"Sweetie you need to move so we can work on him." A paramedic said from next to me. An arm slipped around my waist as they pulled me away from him. "No!" I yelled trying to kick out of their grasp but they set me down and instantly pulled me into their chest.

"No. No." I shook my head looking up I saw Spooky coming my way and pulling me into him. "This can't be happening." I cried shaking my head.

"We have to go to the hospital." Spooky said leading me towards his car. Andrea and Antonio hopped in the back.

My hand rubbed the cross necklace as I looked down at it and started to cry again. Antonio wrapped his arm around my shoulder form behind and I set my forehead against his arm. Shaking my head a few more times.

Spooky made the drive to the hospital quick, beating the ambulance there and we waited outside.

"Family only!" A nurse yelled and I started to move forward. Glancing behind me I grabbed Antonio and Andreas hands and pulled them with me. A nurse stopped as at the doors as they rushed him somewhere.

"He's going into surgery, relationship?" She asked, "we're his kids." I said wiping my tears. When I finally glanced up at Antonio and Andy they were both crying too. I pulled Andy into me as we both started crying.

"We have to wait in the waiting room but girl-" Antonio started to say and I could see how choked up he was getting so I hugged him. "They said his heart stopped in the ambulance. They got it beating but they said things aren't looking good at all." Antonio whispered and I broke down.

Walking out to the waiting room Spooky stood from where he sat, there were now at least 40 guys in the waiting room. Most of them I recognized but some of them I didn't.

"Hey, look at me." He whispered cupping my cheeks with both hands and raised my face to look at him. He brushed his thumbs under my eyes.

"It's gonna be okay," he started but I looked down, trying not to cry more. "Look at me Hermosa, no matter what happens it will be okay but your dad is the strongest guy I know, he will make it." He whispered and I nodded wiping my tears on the back of my hand.

"Find out who did this." I whispered still looking up at him, his hands moved from my face to around my waist, pulling me into him.

"We already did, he's been taken care of." He said and I nodded, "who was it?" I asked. He glanced at me for a second before stealing a glance at Antonio.

"Gabby-" he started shaking his head, "Oscar, tell me. Who did this?" I asked and he frowned down at me. "It was the kid from your class, his name was Damien."

My breath hitched in my throat while I looked for any ounce of lie in his voice but he looked down at me sadly.

"This is my fault." I whispered, blinking back the tears once again. I turned to look as Trey walked through the entrance of the hospital and straight over to me.

"Oh my god, thank god you're okay. I'm so sorry, Gabs." He whispered pulling me into him. This making me cry yet again.

"Walk with me." Trey said keeping one arm over my shoulder as he walked me toward the snack machine area.

"I'm so sorry Gabby, how is he?" He asked and I furrowed my eyebrows. "They said his heart stopped on the way to the hospital and that he was in really rough shape but they would be doing surgery." I whispered and he nodded.

"I love you, you know that? I'm so sorry you're going through this and on your birthday." He whispered and I nodded wiping a stray tear that started to fall.

After Trey got a snack we made our way back towards the big group. We all took seats and just waited.

It felt like an eternity before a few doctors came out. "David Castillos?" They questioned and when half the waiting room stood their eyes went wide.

I held Andreas hand as we made our way up to the Drs.

"Immediate family only please." The doctor said and motioning for me to follow. Andy tried to pull back but I kept a tight grip on her hand and she grabbed Antonio's from next to her and we followed them.

Once the doors closed behind us they stopped. It was silent between all of us, the doctors included.

"He made it through surgery, but the next 48 hours are very crucial. He isn't awake and we don't expect him to wake up for a few days which is okay since that will give his body some time to heal. Now the bullet did clip his left lung do his oxygen levels are fairly low. We've been able to keep them up with just a Bipap machine but if that stops working he will have to be put on a Ventilator." All the words and terms flew around my head but the only question I cared about.

"Is he going to be okay?" I whispered causing Antonio to wrap an arm around me and Andy which made me think it wasn't going to be okay.

"It's about 50/50 right now honey, what I can suggest is that you go home tonight, let him rest and come back when visiting hours start around 7am. He will only be allowed to see immediate family right now until he's fully awake and tells us he can have visitors." She explained and we nodded. After they walked away I looked up at Antonio who looked like he was holding in all his emotions.

I cross my arm over my chest and grabbed ahold of his hand making him look down at me and I saw it. He looked so heart broken.

"Antonio." I whispered and with those words he broke down, Andy and I pulled him into a group hug as we just stood there.

"We will get through this, he's a lot stronger than we know." I whispered and they both nodded with me.