Broken Healer

Mental health is kinda in demand now. As soon as the ball. of sunshine rised, that became a priority. And that helped a lot of people, workers, patients, and families. She was helped by it as well. Aille, a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Psychology, and a very patient person. Youngest Psychologist to become, within her batch.

“How are you after the last session? I read your record just an hour ago, but I'm sorry, I forgot the last date.” She said to her client.

“You must be kidding, doctora. But yeah, I just saw you 3 months ago. I had to attend school non-stop after me being on-break for a couple of months. I've been good, the tests are not that hard anymore and I'm having a great time.” Her client were all smiles. But she knows the smile. There's no sparkle.

“Is that so? Rate it then, what's your rate for your experience after that 3 months? From 1 to 5.” Aille asked her client, with something playing in her mind.

“I guess it's 3.”

A neutral answer.

She knew it, but she still didn't say a word with what she thinks, because she wants it to come out of her client's mouth. Be slipped by her tounge.

Her client then talked about a lot, was loud and laughing, but is missing one. And shows a lot.

“I see you're really doing good. How about your medicine? Your boyfriend? Your family? Your friends?” One after one, she asked her client, suspicious.

And it looks like she hit a nerve. The client then became silent.

“My meds? It's too costly. But I am taking them. Those mood stabilizers and antidepressants, I am. I don't have a boyfriend! Haha, I like women more, we'll have the same brain. My friends, my family... they're fine! We're fine, we are okay, I can manage on my own. Nothing to worry about now. I'm now fine. I am fine.” she's like running with the fast words she said. She nervously smiled.

She knew, Aille knew. She's caught. Aille grinned, but not a mocking one. A concerned look, a best friend's look.

“Darling, I didn't ask what meds were you taking. I'm sorry to confuse you, I meant vitamins. You lost weight, just with one sight. I know you have no boyfriend, because I see you on the streets. I see what happened to you, countless of times. And you have friends, right? Those you tell countless times your stories, but doesn't know you at all still. Your parents, you're not with your father, but your mom, right? And he's in a state of stroke. So you don't have a shoulder to cry on.” Aille told the girl.

The girl looked stunned, and was speechless. She never knew someone could read her, because it was always her who reads people.

“You're drinking antidepressants? Can't you sleep or eat? That's why you've lost weight, right? The mood stabilizers, I don't remember my fellow doctors giving you that. But you're taking it still, because you want to have a normal life, unlike someone who has ADHD and Bipolar, yes? Yes.” And the girl nodded, bowed her head and cried.

Gone the girl who was all laughs and smiles. Now she's gone back to the scared little child, who was always told that:

“No one could help you, but just you.”

But she doesn't even know whom to ask what kind of help she needs.

“We're called broken healers for a reason, and I'm sorry, if even yourself can't help you live normally.”

The girl sat in the darkness. Cried her heart out, without knowing what to do again. She succeed to escape it in the past, yet she was there again.

'She' is Aille.