Adventure

We arrived at their house and I layed on the couch. “You doin okay?” They asked. “Yeah, I’m okay now,” I said, stretching out and then relaxing my muscles. “Want a snack?” They asked, ducking their head out the kitchen. “You know what I like,” I said. “Oki, I’ll be right back,” They said before heading into the kitchen. A few moments later they popped out and handed me a bag of popcorn with cheese seasoning. “Thank you, Boo,” I said playfully. “You welcome, Bae,” They said. They came around the couch and pushed my legs down before sitting down. After they sat down I put my legs back up, this time on their lap. “What do you wanna watch?” They asked. I thought for a minute and they laughed. “Where we left off then?” They asked. I nodded and they turned on the tv. “Which one are we on now? 7 or 8?” They asked. “8, we watched 7 last time, but you fell asleep,” I said, throwing a piece of popcorn at them. They put on a movie and we relaxed until the sun went down. “Not as good as the fifth one,” I said. “Agreed, 5 had an overall better setting and that character ark,” They said. “What was that ‘adventure’ that you wanted to go on?” I asked. “Oh, right! Let’s go!” They said, looking out the window. “Go where?” I asked as they got up and grabbed a bookbag sitting by the front door. “It doesn’t have a name, but the people I know call it DreamLand. It’s a place where you can escape the problems you face in the world. You go there for a few hours and you come back a new person,” They said, handing me a bookbagas well. I kept asking them questions about this DreamLand as we headed into the woods, using only the Moon to guide us. 

“Here we are,” They said when we arrived at a mushroom circle. “What now?” I asked. “I need to set up, stand in the middle of the circle,” They said. “Okay, how long will this take?” I asked as I stood in the center. “Not long, just be patient.” They said as they pulled out a book and began placing roses around the mushrooms to form an eyeball. “Here, read that and we can go,” They said, tossing me a book. I caught the book and began to read, “A place that bears no name, come here to find yourself, to find more than what you have, or perhaps to rid yourself of some unwanted baggage.” Everything went black as i finished the last word and I opened my eyes to see myself falling. “Oh, fuck. Oh, fuck. Oh, fuck!” I screamed as I pummeled through the air. As the ground rappidly aprroached, I put my hands out and closed my eyes. I felt the air stop and everything went still.