࿇ ✥ ࿇ CHAPTER-48 ࿇ ✥ ࿇

The kingdom of Panchal had taken meticulous care to prepare a plethora of arrangements for their esteemed guests, ensuring a delightful night's stay before the grand Swayamvar that awaited them on the morrow. King Drupad and his son, Dhrishtadyumna, personally graced the occasion, extending a warm and gracious welcome to the arriving guests, further enhancing the atmosphere of hospitality and anticipation .

People from diverse kingdoms across Aryavart began converging upon the kingdom of Panchal, each harboring hopes of winning the hand of the Panchal princess .

Rumors of her exceptional beauty, meticulously relayed by spies and messengers, had piqued the interest of numerous kings and princes. As a result, a grand assembly of royalty and nobility from far and wide had descended upon Panchal, all vying for the privilege of winning her heart .

The Kuru princes, arriving as a formidable contingent, including the illustrious Pandavas, Duryodhana, Dushasana, and several other Kauravas, were received with open arms and a warm welcome by King Drupada of Panchal .

The Kauravas, who had departed just after when Draupada extended his welcome, were led by Duryodhana. Their choice to avoid direct interaction with the Pandavas was evident in their early departure from the reception .

Yudhishthir extends his gratitude by saying "I hope there are no lingering resentments, Maharaj. Thank you for extending this invitation to us ." His words subtly acknowledged the Panchal war, especially the episode where Arjuna had emerged victorious against Drupada.

"No, Yuvaraj, there's no need for such concerns ," Drupada replied warmly, dispelling any lingering doubts. "Any issues I may have had were primarily with Drona. Our circumstances led us to stand against each other, but that is all water under the bridge ."

He then turned his attention to Arjuna and continued, "I must admit, Rajkumar Arjuna , I was greatly impressed by your exceptional skills. Your prowess in the battlefield is truly remarkable ."

As Krishna spotted his cousins engaged in conversation with Maharaj Draupada, he made his way over to join them. Arjuna, catching sight of Krishna's approach, couldn't contain his excitement and rushed forward to embrace him warmly. Krishna reciprocated the hug with equal affection .

"Vasudev, could you please guide them to their chambers where they'll be staying for the night ?" Draupada inquired. Krishna nodded in agreement, and they began to make their way from there, with Krishna taking on the role of guiding the honored guests to their accommodations.

"How have you been, Krishna? And how is Mamashree and Bua ?" Yudhishthira inquired,  In response, Krishna shared an update about his family in Dwarka.

"Madhav, the whispers about the exquisite beauty of the Panchal princess, with some even likening her to the celestial apsaras. Is it true ?" Arjuna inquired, his curiosity kindled, desiring to unravel the mystique surrounding the divine princess of Panchal .

Krishna responded with a mischievous twinkle in his eye, "Ah, Arjuna, it seems the tales of her beauty have reached even your valiant ears. Well, I suppose you'll have to see for yourself at the Swayamvar. Beauty, after all, is a matter of perception, isn't it ?" He teased, leaving a sense of intrigue in the air.

Arjuna replied with a confident smile, "Well Madhav, if the rumors hold true and she is as beautiful as they say, then I'm certain I stand a good chance of winning the heart of the most beautiful princess as my wife." His words carried a hint of playful determination .

Yudhishthira nodded with a serene smile and replied, "Indeed, Krishna, we do wish to participate and will try the best to win the princess ."