Chapter Six

I was walking to my favorite coffee shop after shaking Amy from my trail. That is until I saw Shadow and (Y/n), kissing?! I sped over and when I did, I took notice of Shadow whipping around to face me. He had a look of surprise and anger. I was about to say something when I noticed (Y/n) becoming shaky, she started to lean towards the ground. Shadow turned around and knew what was going on. Her eyes shut and she started to fall over. Me and Shadow both began to scream her name. We both were able to prevent her from hitting the floor but now we were trapped in a starring contest. Who would carry her? Who would win? "Let go faker." Said Shadow menacingly

"You first." I replied back sharply, gripping (Y/n) tighter. He noticed and tried to yank her out of my arms. Although I wouldn't budge. I looked at her, then at him. I can't believe that she'd pick this faker, over me. I guess he actually put his plan into play, but he's such a jerk to everyone. He was rude to her the very first time they met!

"Sonic. I mean it. Let, go." demanded Shadow with a type of anger I'd never seen. Out of pure shock I let go and landed on my rear end. I saw that he wasn't just mad but mostly worried, scared. He looked at me and motioned for me to come over. "We need to get her a hospital. Stop fighting me." His eyes never moved from her face. "I don't know why everything has to be an argument with you." Shadow finally looked me in the eyes. He looked angered, but not so much so that he wanted me dead. He looked more irritated than anything.

"I-" I tried to speak but the words got caught in my throat. He started to walk away from me, (Y/n) in tow. "I AM IN LOVE WITH HER!" I exclaimed abruptly, shutting my eyes closed tightly in anticipation for his angered response.
Silence. I waited but nothing ever came. I opened my eyes slowly to see Shadow standing there holding (y/n) dumbfounded and in utter shock. I looked down timidly. "I- love her, alright? I never told her because I was scared-" I breathed out taking a long pause.

"Scared that she'd never talk to you agian? That she'd hate you? That you just ruined your friendship?" Asked Shadow delicately, I nodded looking back up again. "I- felt the same way. I honestly didn't know what love truly was, but I took a leap and I hope that things will work out. I-" shadow took a breath shaking his head. "I can't lose her. I don't think I could take it agian. But I learned something, if you want something reach for it, if you wait for too long... you might never get the chance again." Shadow replied deeply with a passion that I've never before seen. Words to live by I suppose.

"As long as you make her happy...but don't you ever break her heart, Shadow." I responded menacingly, my face not as cheery as it normally is. He nodded respectfully in response.

"Come on. We're wasting time." I didn't head Shadow's words and just stood there waving my hand for him to go.

"She needs you, not me."

"She needs both of us. If you truly love her you will help." Replied Shadow moving closer to me. I looked at her beautiful face, so peaceful.

I looked up into Shadow's eyes. They weren't filled with anger but worry. "Let's go." I replied firmly in determination.

~~~~~~~~

We ran as fast as possible towards the hospital. They took her in and made us sit down in the waiting room. Of course I wasn't able to sit. Instead I was frantically pacing around the place. I couldn't even control myself enough to call Tori, I handed the phone to Shadow instead. I have been waiting for what feels like years now and my anxiety levels keep rising.
I turned my head sharply to the sound of Tori practically slamming the doors open. She immediately made a b-line straight to where me and Shadow were. "What happened? Where is she? Is she okay? I thought you were watching her Shadow." Said Tori in a frantic voice screeching our words. Half of then were barely even coherent.

"Tori! She is alright. The doctors are with her right now and they will take good care of her." Shadow said desperately trying to calm down Tori.

"It's my fault." I looked at Tori confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked worriedly.

"Earlier it happened during Isabella's surprise party and I didn't take her to the hospital. She said that she was fine but I should've known better I-" I cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

"Tori. It's not your fault. We all thought that she was okay. We just all got carried away and busy that we just blew it off." I replied firmly. She looked at me wanting to say something but lost the words letting her head drop. "Come here." I said sweetly drawing her body close so that I could give her a comforting hug. Deciding I had to stay strong for Tori, I relaxed myself enough to sit down in the chair next to her. We sat there for quite some time until we saw the doctor come out me and Shadow immediately stood up from our seats.

"Well, it looks like she'll be alright. Good thing you brought her in when you did." Replied the doctor looking down at his clipboard flipping though a few pages. "It looks like she has Vasovagal syncope, it is a disease that commonly causes a temporary drop in heart rate and blood pressure causing her to faint. It can stop for periods of time as long as nothing triggers her and makes her symptoms act up.. Another thing I would advise to make her drink more fluids and eat more salt." The doctor looked up from his clipboard. "She also is sick but it is just a stomache bug. It'll go away in a short period of time." The doctor nodded, holding his clipboard in one hand waiting for any unanswered questions or concerns.

"Is it permanent?" I heard Tori ask.

"Unfortunately, yes. But there are ways to manage it."

"Will it kill her?" I asked worriedly.

"It will not. She may injure herself during an episode but otherwise, no."

"Can we see her now?" Asked Shadow stepping forward. The doctor nodded his head.

"She is awake and ready to see you. Follow me." Replied the doctor opening a door for us and leading us to the room where they are keeping (y/n). I can't wait to see her again.

~A/n~

Hello my lovlies!~ I know that this chapter is long overdue but I have had literally no motivation at all. But it's here! No more waiting! Yay! I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you next time my lovely little peoples! ❤