35

Senju Tsunade. Also known as the Senju Princess, Granddaughter of the First Hokage, Princess of Konoha, the Slug Princess, the Strongest Kunoichi, the Best Medic in the Shinobi Nation, the Sitting Duck, and now the Fifth Hokage.
Some of the titles she gained from birth, by blood, but some she gained through her own prowess; along with lots of sacrifices and loss.

The road to her position now is not easy. Becoming the Hokage may have crossed her mind, considering her grandfather and granduncle sat on the seat and her sensei did too. Her younger brother and lover vied for the position. And all of them she lost. Died.

As the number of her precious people decrease one by one, the lesser she cared for Konohagakure– her birthplace, her home, the damned village they all died for.

She hid her sadness through her proud facade, snarky comments, and strength. And then drowned her grief with alcohol.

Then, the pain became so unbearable that soon enough, she cracked.

She surrendered her hitiate and left the place that has both given her happiness and sadness. She never looked back, though she was tortured every night by the memories.

With nothing much to do, gambling was a good distraction and entertainment. Her lack of skills and luck did suck her funds dry, but losing money is much much better than losing your people.

Tsunade enjoyed her life. No life-threatening missions, no expectations, no killing, no death, no blood. Her medical ninja skills  may have gone to waste according to multiple people, but she liked her listless life.

That's what she wants to believe.

Because everytime the alcohol percentage in her blood is dangerously high, when her vision is spinning and her face is flushed red, when memories she tried desperately forget and run away from caught up to her in her sleep, she wished things were the opposite.

She wanted to return, back to her home even when nobody will be welcoming her by the door. Shizune will be coming with her along with her pet pig. That'll be enough.

She didn't just wish. She did go back a few times, albeit secretly. And in all of those, she regretted it.

Konoha didn't change a single bit ever since she left. And what disappointed her more was that it was her sensei who's leading the village.

That student of Jiraiya just had to die early. How disappointing. Prodigy her ass! Though she commends his abilities as his achievements and contributions during the war were not to be taken lightly. But what's the use of them now that he's dead? 

The spreading darkness of the village scared her and once again she fled.

But now matter how much she hid, she was bound to be found.

Fugaku.

She never thought of him as someone special. She admits the man has talents but not that of a prodigy. He did become the head of the strongest clan in Konoha. Their clan's, or should she say every clan's, nemesis. The Uchiha.

And that very same head of such powerful clan was kneeling at the door of her rented room for half a day.

She'd turned him away upon seeing him, never giving the man a chance to even introduce himself. Shizune was the one who spoke to him, convincing him to leave as she had ordered.

But he is tougher than she thought.

Two days and one night. He remained on the same position, never moving a single inch that Tsunade almost mistook him for a statue.

Witnessing the man's relentlessness, Tsunade got curious.

What gives him the strength to endure? Both the physical strain and the humiliation. Mind you, he is a respected figure after all.