3: A Serie of Attracted Events

I woke up with Wednesday looking down on me, nothing too out of the blue, but Thing had gestured to me that she had a date. A change of heart or maybe a change of plans? I sat up and look at the gloomy girl.

"As Thing said, I'll be going to Rave'N with Tyler Galpin because someone had to write a ridiculous letter to him." She scurried to her closet and looked around to find a dress.

Enid smiled at us. "Look at you two! Finding the love of your lives. I'm so proud you two came out of your shell—"

Wednesday and I looked at Enid with intent, she paused and laughed, smiling at our frantic forms trying to prepare for the stupid dance. It was something rare for her to see knowing Wednesday and I's personality compliment each other's cynicism.

"I'd like to remind you that Thing set me up," Wednesday spoke.

"And I was tasked to seduce Xavier Thorpe, not that it's a hard one." I smiled and continued to prepare.

I pulled the delicate dress out of Enid and I's closet and the werewolf screamed out of excitement. She helped me dress up since I rarely wear occasional outfits. Enid said her goodbyes after helping me, and I look at Wednesday and all her glory with her five-finger discount dress. She looked like a gothic queen, a beauty rare to sight and I contrasted her, looking like the purity of a dove. We both know I didn't define that.

I heard a knock and I walk. It was not Xavier, so I assumed it was Tyler Galpin. I rolled my eyes and observed him: he's disgruntled, too nice to look, and it feels suspicious. There was a creeping ominous feeling that gnawed gently on my leg. I closed the door forcefully and I pleaded I open again.

"You must be Anathema, Wednesday talked to me about you. I'm her date to Rave'N." He said.

"I know, and I don't care. You either wait for her outside or you can rot there." I mentioned, knowing my voice is audible.

"Please open it?"

I couldn't, I was so annoyed of this man that I opened it up and placed my arms crossed. I looked at him from head to toe and back again then finally spoke.

"You'll be the sole reason why we're going to be hindered. Mark my words, boy."

He chuckled at my disposition and had his hand out for me to shake. I averted my gaze.

"And I thought Wednesday wasn't approachable." He said, I look back at him and put my hands on my hip as a sign that I'm done with him. He's not taking the hint.

"I hate men like you."

He immediately butted in, all innocent looking. "So what are men like me?"

"Well I assume," I started, heaving breaths before saying a whole paragraph to him. "You have mother issues that you care not to explain to others since she's a mystery to your own puzzle, and to top it off, your father's obsessed with work and dares not to look at you, so you find a way to vent your daddy and mommy issues by some underlying huge secret and masking it off with your goody two shoes attitude."

He brushed off what I said. Typical.

"You will be Wednesday's downfall, Tyler Galpin, and I'd hate to see that with my partner-in-crime."

Tyler held his hands up in defeat and got that cheeky grin on him. I hated that, hate it more than Xavier's laid back self.

"Look, I'm just here to party. No need to get riled up too much. And look, your date's here."

Pushing Tyler aside, I saw Xavier. I looked behind Wednesday who was still preparing herself, I bid her goodbye and walked away with Xavier. With a look on Tyler, I had a feeling that Wednesday and I are instigating on the wrong person. My date saw that I had a lot in my mind and cared to ask.