one | normal

and I can't stand you

must everything you do make me wanna smile

        Mischa Bachinski and Y/N L/N had one thing in common with each other. And what was that one thing? That they hated eachother.

        They had ever since he had moved here the previous September. It was mostly an awful first impression. Mischa had gotten the impression that perfect, pretty Y/N was just stuck up because of that. He had spilled his lunch on her, which ignited a natural upset reaction from the girl. And she had always thought he was just some jerky jock, the very same type she had dated (and hated) years prior. She was done with all of that and wanted peace, which was the reason she joined the choir in the first place.

        Mischa had joined for one reason, and that was because Father Markus wanted to show that the choir was accepting and open to new people, and that perhaps welcoming the new kid into the choir would help boost that. But when Mischa saw Y/N, he took it as an open oppertunity to annoy her.

         The two sniped back at each other for as long as he'd been as St. Cassians. Originally to others, they thought this was just harmless play between two friends but it had grown to be more than that. It wasn't bullying, no, there was a line they both knew they could never cross. But the pranks that Mischa pulled were just as bad. Once he managed to fill the girl's locker with paper balls, each with a heart-filled message of "i hate you." So she returned the favor by changing his laptop background to a photo of her own note, "aw, hate you back <3". That was their normal.

          They now sat at choir rehearsal. Mischa behind Y/N, purposely kicking the leg of the chair to create that god awful sound of metal scraping against the floor. She inhaled sharply, causing a rift in the harmonies of the choir. Y/N sent him a glare, and the brunette male gave her a teasing smile. As the song wrapped up, Ocean tapped her friend on the shoulder.

        "Girl, what the heck was that? Normally I wouldn't say this because I know you two have your whole "I hate you" dynamic but you need to cool it with Mischa sometimes. For the sake of the choir?"

        Mischa heard this and laughed. "Is funny how you talk about me. But I must go to tutoring." He says, using air quotes as he says tutoring. He had been reccommended a tutor

        "Me too." Y/N states, checking her phone for her notes. Tutoring session in ten minutes, some boy she was told by the same teacher that she had never met before. One thing was for certain though, he had bad grades and she was capable of helping him. So she had agreed to tutor this mysterious boy on Tuesdays and Thursdays, after choir practice of course. 

        Ocean waved goodbye to her friend as Mischa and Y/N headed their seperate ways. 

        Y/N went to the library nearby, parking her bike outside and locking it on the bike rack. She greeted the librarian currently placing books on the shelves, pushing a cart around with a kind smile, the very same she wore for everyone else. Her "I'm in public" smile. Her eyes darted around, looking for the table in which the boy she was supposed to tutor sat at. She sat down, not looking at him long enough. She set her binders down on the table. 

        "So, I doubt we've met before. I'm Y/N." She says with her signature smile. And god, did he fucking hate that smile. He hated how it made her look so kind, so pretty.

        The boy in front of her chuckles, running a hand through his brown hair. "I believe we have met, Y/N." Mischa Bachinski says in his charming accent.

         Both teens know that this will be a horrible new normal. Something they both have to get used to.