The Slasher on The Woods

This incident took place in the fall. The colorful leaves danced as they fell from the branches. I could hear the tire crunch them even as my earbuds played music.

I did nothing as I watched the trees that we zoomed by, there wasn't anything to do except just stare off into the distance. I blinked before turning my gaze straight ahead to check on the other two.

In the driver seat was Eren, a tall muscular jock and beside him on the passenger seat was the prankster of our group Alex. Even after I last checked them, which was an hour ago, they were still talking about hot girls and annoying teachers. Even as I increased the volume of my music, I could hear snippets of their conversation.

My regret of coming with them increases with each passing second. I frowned and changed my focus to the car in front of us. While I couldn't see them, there were two other people with us in that car.

Two women, Mikayla and Nicole. The reason we are in separate cars is that Mikayla wanted to keep us, horny boys, away from her and also use her brand-new Toyota Corolla ae86. I rolled my eyes at remembering the accusation, turning my head to stare at the forest again.

After five minutes of staring into trees and leaves, I begin to grow restless. While the sight is very beautiful and colorful, even the best eye candies start to wear off after three hours.

"Yo, Jason!" A voice called out snapping me from my dazed state.

Alex turned to me with his usual playful grin.

I pulled off my headphones to better hear him.

"You've been staring out for a while now." He grins at me.

"Why? You see something spooky?" He says drawing out the 'spooky part'.

"No, I'm just bored. We've been traveling for about four now! Where are we even going, that is so important that I'm going to miss Halloween!?"

Alex just laughs despite my glare.

"Somehow, he found a modern house, not a cabin mind you. Abandoned and in good condition also placed in the middle of nowhere."

Eren chimed sarcastically. Earning a fake betrayed look from our group's prankster and jokester.

"Eren, are you saying I would gaslight everyone into going to a house that does not exist?"

This earned me an annoyed look from me while Eren gave him a nervous smile. His serious facade melts away, lightly laughing.

"Come on! You guys think too little of me. Seriously, the house does exist."

I looked at him, and Alex seemed serious. But I can't let my guard down, Alex is a master at tricks and acting. Guess all those Drama courses he took paid off.

Regardless of his decent acting, I'm still unsure of his credibility. As if reading my mind, Alex spoke up:

"I found it a couple of years ago, Me and Mikey were taking a hike here in these woods. Eventually, after a few days of exploring, we found the empty house and a dirt road big enough for cars."

"And there is no one there? You didn't murder the owner, right?" I interrupted.

Alex shook his head.

"Nope, it was abandoned. No cars, the front door was unlocked, and the house's floors are covered in leaves and trash. Mikey and I cleaned it up and it looked good as new. There was no damage to the house, no broken stuff needs replacing, even electricity and Wi-Fi!"

Electricity and working Wi-Fi in the middle of nowhere and in an abandoned nice house to boot, it seemed fishy. But before I could go in-depth with my thoughts, I realized that Mikey, Alex's brother, didn't come with us.