Jem/Will

Tbh, Heronstairs is by far one of my favorite pairings, whether I see it as a brotp that day or an otp. So there will most likely be multiple Heronstairs fics in here. H/c, nightmare fics and sickfics are my guilty pleasure so that's probably going to be most of this book. My next one is going to be Sizzy or Clace.
Also trigger warning for suicidal stuffs
___________________________________________
Jem stood on a balcony, hair whipping his silvering hair around his face. He knew that if he did this now, he wouldn't have to trouble the Institute to find him his drug, he wouldn't die slowly and painfully, and he wouldn't have to worry about pleasing the younger boy there. A few tears fell from his eyes, the dark brown slowly being replaced by a colourless gray. His cheeks had a tint of pink, probably from the adrenaline of what he was about to do. His breathing shook as he stepped up onto the railing. The wind gusted around him, and his hands trembled. He moved his left foot forward, just a tiny bit. He heard the door behind him slam open, and he startled. He started slipping, but a hand grabbed him wrist and held him fast. He flipped around and looked into the eyes of Will Herondale. The other boy that lived there was looking at him with tears in his eyes.
"James?"
Will pulled him down, and sat him at the side of the balcony, and them plopped down next to him. Will put his arm around his friend's shoulders, and looked him in the eyes. Jem's breathing was ragged, and a tear was trailing down his cheek. Jem leaned into the younger boy, his head resting on Will's shoulder.
"I...Will, I'm sorry. I just didn't want to burden you all here at the Institute. Buying my drug must surely cost a lot of money. I just wanted to not bother everyone. I'm sorry. You.. You should hate me n...now"
By the time Jem had finished his last word, his voice had cracked and tears were coming steadily. His shoulders shook with each breath. Will pulled his friend closer, and wrapped both arms around him. Jem hugged him back, and sobbed into his friend.
"I'll never hate you Jem, you're my best friend. Just please, don't feel like you're a burden. And don't try that again!"
Jem nodded, still shaking. By this time, it was freezing outside. Will was shivering as well. He stood up, taking Jem up by the shoulders, and led the silvering boy inside. He sat Jem on the couch, and grabbed a blanket. He sat next to Jem again, and threw the blanket over them both. Jem leaned back into Will, no longer shivering with cold. He closed his eyes as Will wrapped his arms around him. Will was about to open his mouth to say something, but Jem was fast asleep. Will looked on at his friend, wishing he could have done something so Jem wouldn't feel this way. He stared into the crackling fire, feeling suddenly very protective. He watched over Jem all night, making sure he came to no harm.