Chapter 1

Don't expect much, I'll probably forget this by the first chapter, I just wanna write down my idea before I forget.

《~~~~~~~~~》

"Number 20 is right on 14's tail as they fight for 1st place! Who's going to win?!" Red scoffed, the announcers always tried to make everything suspenseful. She hated that. Her and number 14 were now next to each other, ramming their cars at each other.

"C'mon, boy, we can do it!" Red told her car, her car had been through a lot but she needed to win.

She was finally able to get into 1st place, but as soon as she got that place, she crashed into the barriers and got 2nd. When the rest of the cars passed the finish, she sighed as she stopped the car. She pat the Camaro's wheel. "Thanks for trying, Dude."

She got out of the car and followed number 14, Robbie. She hated him, in a "respectful" way. He was good at racing which fueled his ego. Red knew him since diapers, he's always been a rude guy, but he was nice most of the time. Red stood between him and her also long time (or well since the start of elementary) best friend, Dylan, who was a sweet guy yet was a complete nerd. He was obsessed with cars, science and reading and he also enjoyed watching sci-fi and comedy. He got into racing because of Red.

'Well, Red, ya didn't win 1st but at least it wasn't 10th.' Red thought, trying her best to sound positive about her sad loss. "Great race, Aubrey, maybe next time you can try winning." Robbie quietly told her. Red huffed. "I feel sorry for your future girlfriend, if you get lucky enough to not ward her away." Red shot back, glaring at him.

"Both of you, shut up." Dylan told the both of them, unamused. 'Children..' yeah, the sweetest guy ever said that. Red laughed to herself and Robbie scoffed. "Great race you three, you should try actual racing, Robbie, you too, Red...and...uh." The man turned to Dylan. "Dylan.."

"Oh, right! You did well, Devin."

"Dylan." Dylan repeated.

"Right, Devin."

Dylan sighed. "Yes..Devin, that's my name." Dylan shook his head.

"Well, here you go." He gave the three their trophies and they stood in their podiums to take pictures. It felt like a real race...but in actuality, it wasn't. This was just something for wannabe racers to "race" if they loved driving cars and competing, also if the real thing didn't accept them. Red's dream was to actually go into the real thing, but her friends and family didn't think so. Thinking that she'll never make it.

Except Dylan of course, he encouraged her and said that he'll also join, just so she didn't feel alone.

The three stepped off their podiums and headed back to their cars. "I'm hungry, wanna get some food you guys?" Red asked her two friends. Robbie shrugged, "Sure, I'm kinda hungry." Dylan nodded. She smiled, "Great! There's this diner near here that I wanted to try out." Red said as she continued to smile. "Oh, I've seen that one. Looks good, what do you think, Rob?" Dylan turned to look at the brunet.

"Yeah, sure. I don't mind."

"Awesome, last person there pays the bill!" Red said as she got into her car, The Canary.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Shit, you guys are fast." Dylan said as he got out of his car last. "Yup, guess you gotta pay." Robbie laughed. Red smirked, "This is why you get 3rd place all the time." Red said. "Just you wait until I get new upgrades for my car, The Aria." Dylan proudly stated as he pat the top of his Hummer that had been modified at least a billion times. "Again? You really can't stop with the modifications." Robbie said as he wrapped an arm around Dylan's shoulders. "Of course not! This is my life, I need to add more modifications to my Aria so I can finally catch up. Plus, it's fun working on it." Dylan grinned as they walked inside the diner.

Robbie shrugged. "I guess I can't disagree with that. Just know that The Aria cannot beat my Hot Rod."

Red laughed, "I still can't believe you named it that. It's so dumb." Robbie turned to face her, his face red, as red as Red's hair even. He removed his arm from Dylan's shoulders, "Oh yeah?! Well the name, "The Canary" is dumb! Who names their car after a bird!"

"ME, Idiot!" The two bickered as Dylan talked to the host. "Table for 3 please...and an aspirin..."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Dylan looked through the menu and snuck some glances at his friends. "So, uhm, what do you guys want?" He asked, nervously watching the two. They looked two seconds from ripping each other's heads off. "Oh, uhm...I guess the mac and cheese looks good." Red said as she looked at her menu. Robbie looked at the menu. "I guess a steak doesn't sound that bad.." Robbie said, mostly to himself.

Dylan nodded. The waitress arrived and took their orders.

"You guys ever want to race, like, for real?" Red asked as she fiddled with her fingers, chipping away some leftover nail polish. "It does sound nice. But you gotta like...be good at it. And also probably have a sponsor." Robbie sighed as he sipped away at his milkshake. "Yeah, besides, we've got a good thing with Mr. Kravitz." Dylan added.

"Yeah, I know, but..." Red sighed. She traced the rim of her cup with her finger. "Well, if you ever decide to go pro, I'll always be there with you, either as crew chief or another racer." Dylan smiled.

Red smiled as well, her face going pink. "Hm...maybe I might join. Just because you guys are there, I don't wanna be alone." Robbie said. "Awwww, Rob, didn't know you felt that way~" Red teased. "Aw, shut up." Now it was Robbie's turn for his face to turn pink.

Dylan laughed.

"Here you three go, enjoy!" The waitress said happily as she placed their food down on the table. "Thanks!" Red thanked for the three of them. "The waitress is kinda cute." Robbie said. "Sure." Dylan shrugged. "She's pretty, I gotta ask for her skin routine." Red said.

"You look alright, no need for someone's skin routine." Dylan said. Robbie nodded in agreement, his face full of some grease and the sauce that covered the steak. "Rob, you got some sauce...right over here." Red told him as she motioned to all over her mouth area.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Red opened the door of her home. "I'm back, Tabitha." Red called out to her sister. She looked down at the floor to see a girl with blonde, almost white, hair with a beige dress scrubbing the floor. "Hey, Sis." Tabitha stopped scrubbing to smile at her sister. "Tab, what are you doing?"

"Scrubbing the floor, Father told me to do it. The maids aren't working tonight." Tabitha told her sister, still smiling. "Father is always making you do the dirty work. Here, Honey, give me sponge, I'll do it. Why don't you go watch some TV?" Red said as she took the sponge from her sister. "Oh, uh, sure." Tabitha stood still for a while, then left to the living room.

Red sighed. "Dad is always giving her a hard time. It's not her fault she isn't his child." Red muttered to herself. Tabitha was the younger half-sister of Red. She was born due to an affair her mother had with one of the butlers who worked for them. Red didn't blame her. Her father was always working and didn't really care much for his family. So, Red and Tabitha mostly grew up with the maids and butlers taking care of them.

Red finished scrubbing and put the cleaning supplies away. She went up to her room to get out of her clothes that were covered in some dirt and sweat. She tied her red hair in a messy ponytail and put her dirty clothes in the hamper. She put on whatever she found that was comfortable and went back downstairs.

"Whatcha watchin', Honey?" Red asked as she sat down. "Meh, some old movie. It's said to be a tear jerker." Tabitha told her.

"Oh? What's it called."

"'Steel Magnolias.'" Tabitha said as she stared at the DVD box it came in. "Aw, that one always makes me cry! Especially towards the end of the movie when the daughter di–"

"Sh! Don't spoil!" Tabitha said with a playful smile. Red apologized while giggling at her little sister.

They ended up watching the whole movie. Red cried in the same scene she always cried in and Tabitha just watched the movie, fearing the day that she might lose her sister like she did her mother.

. . .