Episode 24: The Song That Just Won't Go Away!

Plot: Blue sings a new song she made to Mr. Salt, Mailbox and Tickety, but once they hear it, it gets stuck in their heads! And the worst part? It'll never ever leave. How can Blue help rid their brains of her song? Well, only through a pretty ordinary game of Blue's Clues can we solve this puzzling conundrum.
———————————-————————————
Blue: 🎶 Hello there, my name's Blue!
I wanna play with you. 🎶
BAM!
🎶 Let's begin with a handprint!
Everybody's playing with Blue's Clues!
And You!
Let the playdate begin! It's Blue's Clues!
And You!
Day by day, we'll
Laugh and play the
Blue's Clues way!
It's...
Blue's Playdate With You! 🎶
———————————-————————————
(You open the door and see Blue, with her notebook in hand.)
Blue: Hi there, you! Nice of you to visit. I've got something amazing to show you! Come on in!

(You walk on inside to find two felt friends jamming out, the Skidoo frame with a record store on it, and Sidetable Drawer listening to a song on some headphones.)
Blue: Okay, so...I wrote a song! I know. I can't wait to sing it! But who should I sing it to? Hmm...
(Blue thinks for a moment as the camera goes inside her brain. All of a sudden, a little tiny hard hat-clad Blue [in her puppy form] comes out on a forklift.)
Tiny Hard Hat Blue: Bow bow bow bow bow bow bow! ("I have a great idea!")
(She presses a button. A giant lightbulb lights up. The camera zooms back to reality.)
Blue: Hey, I know! Let's go show my friends my song! Come on, let's go!

(Blue rushes over to the kitchen, where Mr. Salt is.)
Blue: Hey, Mr. Salt.
Mr. Salt: Why, hello there, Blue! I was just putting some cookies in the oven for everyone to have later.
Blue: Ooh, they smell so good! Oh, I've got something to show you. Come meet me in the living room!
Mr. Salt: Okay, Blue. Give me just a minute. I'll meet you over there!

(Blue heads out to the front yard, and finds Mailbox sleeping.)
Blue: Mailbox! Mailbox? Hey, what's Mailbox doing?
You: Sleeping.
Blue: Hey, you're right. Mailbox is sleeping. I'll try to wake him up. Time for me to use my Handy-Dandy...Megaphone!
(She pulls out a blue polka-dotted megaphone out her overall pocket.)
Blue (on the megaphone): Ahem. 🎶 DOO DOO DOO DA DOO, DOO DOO DOO DA DOO, DOO DOO DOO DA DOO, DA DOO DOO! 🎶 WAKE UP, MAILBOX!
Mailbox: Whoa! Blue, you almost made me fall out of my post.
Blue: Sorry, Mailbox. You were sleeping.
Mailbox: Blue, I wasn't sleeping. I was just taking a nap. But thanks for waking me up.
Blue: Anytime, Mailbox. By the way, I got something fun to show you in the living room!
Mailbox: Really? Okay. I'll be there, Blue!

(Blue heads into her bedroom, where she sees Tickety Tock reading her favorite nursery rhyme book.)
Blue: Hey, Tickety.
Tickety: Hello, Blue. What are you doing?
Blue: Nothing much, really. I'm just about to show everyone the new song I made.
Tickety: Wait, you made a song, Blue?
Blue: Yep. And I'm right about to sing it. (takes a deep breath)
Tickety: No, no. Don't sing it yet! Let's go over to where everyone else is, so they can hear it too.
Blue: I was right about to tell you they're already in the living room, but...fine. Good idea.

(Tickety and Blue make it over to the living room, where everyone's sitting on the floor, waiting in anticipation for Blue to sing her song.)
Mr. Salt: Well, what are we waiting for?
Mailbox: For Blue to sing her song, remember?
Mr. Salt: Oh yeah, right.
(Blue hops onto the Thinking Chair and makes herself comfortable.)
Blue: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Mailboxes, alarm clocks, and salt shakers of all ages! (Whips out her Handy-Dandy Guitar) Are you ready to rock?
Mailbox, Salt, and Tickety: YEAH!
Blue: A 1, 2, 3, 4!
(When she gets to four, Blue jumps in the air and perfectly lands with a squeak noise. She plays her guitar as she starts to sing.)

Blue: 🎶 This is the... 🎶
Mr. Salt: I just hope it's not that one song that never ends.
Tickety and Mailbox: 🎶 Cause it goes on and on, my frie🎶
Salt: Just...no.

(Blue takes a deep breath and starts again.)
Blue: 🎶 This is the... 🎶
Mailbox: And please don't let it be that other song that gets on everybody's nerves.
Salt and Tickety: 🎶 Cause that is how it go🎶
Mailbox: Please don't.

(Blue takes a deep breath and finally sings her song.)
Blue: 🎶 This is the song that just won't go away!
It'll be stuck in your head every day!
And if you try to get it out in any way,
It'll keep going forever, cause we'll all be here together singing this— 🎶

🎶 Song that just won't go away!
It'll be stuck in your head every day!
And if you try to get it out in any way,
It'll keep going forever, cause we'll all just be together singing this— 🎶

🎶 Song that just won't go away!
I know I've been singing this song all day. This'll be stuck in your heads on replay!
But if you think that there's an ending,
Well, I guess there's no pretending
That this is a song that'll just won't never, ever, ever go away!
Yeah! 🎶

Blue: So, what do you think?
(Everyone is just totally shocked at what they heard that they're just frozen in shock. Blue tries waving her hand in front of them.)
Blue: Guys? You okay? Hello?
(Cut to a split screen of Mr. Salt, Mailbox, and Tickety's minds, where a bunch of clones of Blue [in her human form, of course] are singing the song.)

Salt: Blue, this song...
Blue: Yeah?
Tickety: Is getting...
Blue: Yeah?
Mailbox: Stuck in our HEADS!
Tickety, Salt, and Mailbox: MAKE IT STOP! AAAAHHHHH!!!

(Everyone except Blue starts freaking out, leaving Blue all the more confused.)
Salt: How am I ever going to cook again if I keep hearing it?!
Mailbox: Or how will I deliver the mail? I can't do it if this song is on repeat!
Tickety: And how will I tell time like this? It's gonna be hard enough trying to count how many hours go by if my brain's pressuring me to sing this song out loud!
(Mailbox grabs Blue by his flag, and shakes her.)
Mailbox: Blue, this is madness! We can't stop hearing your song! What are we gonna do?!

(Blue thinks for a moment again, and then...she gets an idea!)
Blue: I know what we can do to get my song out of all your heads!
Tickety, Salt, and Mailbox: Really, what?
Blue: Well...
🎶 We're all gonna play...Blue's Clues! 🎶
BAM!
(She smacks a handprint on the screen.)

Mailbox: Whoa!
Tickety: Yes!
Mr. Salt: Oh, thank goodness!
Blue: That's right, guys! We'll all play Blue's Clues together to find out how to get my song out of my friends' heads. Ah, I love playing Blue's Clues!

Blue: 🎶 We're gonna play...Blue's Clues!
We're gonna play...Blue's Clues!
Because it's my favorite game. 🎶
Yeah!

Blue: Remember, my handprints will be on the clues. That's why I like to call them Blue's Clues! Hmm. Now what to do about this handprint? I got it! 🎶 La la la laaa! 🎶
(The handprint flies away. Blue giggles.)

Blue: You know what we need to play Blue's Clues? Our Handy-Dandy...Notebook! Right. Let's go!
(She goes over to Sidetable Drawer to get the notebook.)