one

Yawning, I slowly opened my eyes to see the August light pouring through the blinds next to my bed, I looked to my left to see that my roommate, Chloe, was already gone. I groaned and reached to the end of my bed, grabbing my phone.

10:03 A.M.

"Shit! I have class in 27 minutes!" I jumped out of bed, almost knocking over my lamp, and grabbed my toothbrush off my desk, speed walking to the bathroom. I stumbled into the harshly lit, currently extremely steamy dorm bathroom. Shit, all of the showers are full. Guess I'll go without a shower. Obviously it was kind of gross, seeing as it was 90 degrees here, but there was really nothing I could do.

I brush my teeth as quickly as I could and made my way back to my room. I grabbed the outfit that I had picked out earlier- a black tennis skirt and a pink baby tee with my platform high top converse.

10:13

I guess I have enough time for some makeup, I think while grabbing my makeup items. It took me a few minutes to put on concealer, bronzer, blush, and mascara. I tugged my hair out of the loose bun it was in and tossed the hair tie onto my desk. I quickly tousled my hair and checked myself out in the mirror. Grabbing my backpack, I headed to my only class today, Cinema 221- Relationships in Film, a required class for my major. I was a cinema major, so that's the only class I have everyday. Honestly I wasn't even sure what the class was about.

My heart was beating faster than normal. I shouldn't be nervous- it's not even my first year! But of course I was still terrified. I would have thought that by my sophomore year of college I wouldn't be nervous for the first day of classes, but here we were.

It was 10:29 when I grabbed the door handle to my classroom and stepped inside. A knot formed in my throat when I realized that everyone was already in their seats and I was the last one there. There was only one seat left and it was right in the front. I gulped, feeling the knot in my throat get even tighter. I always sat in the back in my classes. I was honestly pretty shy, especially in class, so this was not a good situation in my eyes. At least i don't have to sit too close to anyone else.

I quickly walked over to the seat and sat down, trying not to draw any attention to myself. For the first time I actually took a look at the professor who had been writing on the blackboard until just now, and was currently rifling through some papers. He looked pretty young, but he had a mature look in his eyes. I'd say he was in his late twenties or early thirties. He was actually pretty handsome, for a teacher. Finally he looked up, clearing his throat.

"Hey guys. Welcome to Cinema 221. If you don't know me, I'm Professor Matthews and I will be your instructor for this course."

I heard a few girls giggling and I assumed it was because of his good looks. His dark brown hair looked soft and fluffy, and his green eyes were warm with a hint of pain. His dark blue sweater and black pants clung to his well toned body. Honestly he's pretty cute...Shut up brain! I won't think my professor is attractive, that's actually so embarrassing.

I lightly snapped the hair tie on my wrist to bring myself out of the trance I was in. Ow. I quickly realized he had already started going down the attendance. Uh oh. I hope my name hasn't been called.

"Okay so there is no Riley Evans here?" he asked with a slightly annoyed look on his face.

"S-Sorry, that's me." I squeaked out.

He slowly looked down at me.

"Why didn't you say something when I called your name three times in a row?" he questioned, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Um-I-I must have just not been paying attention." I mumbled, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Getting distracted on the first day, Rylie? Why don't you stay a few minutes after class so we can have a talk." he said, still staring down at me with his arms crossed.

Fuck. I honestly thought I might cry because i was so embarrassed, but I managed to mumble out a little "O-Okay." I felt my face turn bright red as I stared down at my hands that refused to move to start taking notes.

                                         ~     

After what felt like hours of Professor Matthews aka Professor Asshole going on and on about the syllabus and course expectations, the clock finally said 11:30. I slowly began packing up my backpack, knowing I was being forced to stay anyways. After all the other students had filed out of the classroom, I made my way over to Professor Matthews.

"Pull up a chair." he said without looking at me.

I pulled over one of the chairs to his large wooden desk and took a seat. I still hadn't said anything. After a long pause he finally spoke.

"Look, Rylie. If you're gonna have a problem focusing I don't think this is the class for you. You need to be extremely focused on this class or you will not pass. I didn't mean to sound rude, but I just want to make sure that my students are succeeding."

"I promise I'm not usually like this, I just didn't sleep well last night and I was pretty nervous today." I reply.

"Nervous? Are you a freshman?" he asks  sincerely.

"Uh n-no I'm actually a sophomore." I chuckle.

"Oh nice what's your major?"

"It's actually cinema." I say. I could tell my cheeks were probably bright red right now, but I honestly didn't care. My face had been red the entire class so he probably just thought I had some kind of weird skin condition.

"Oh really?" he says. "Why weren't you in this class as a freshman? That's the usual track for majors."

I shrugged. "There wasn't any room in it so they told me to take it next year."

"That wasn't approved with me." he says, furrowing his brow.

I just shrugged.

"Well anyways," he says, looking at me. "I totally forgot to tell the class I am going to be all of the majors in this sections new advisor. So i'll be working one on one with all of you."  I gave him a fake smile, trying to act like that was good news for me. He clears his throat and slowly stands up from the desk. "I won't keep you" he nods for me leave.

"Oh... hah yeah." I chuckle and give him another awkward smile as I grab my backpack and leave the room.

Once I get back to my room I change back into my pajamas and pass out.

What a day.