A change in plans

Stefan Chen was many things, he was an active thinker, taking an interest in learned the various subjects school had to offer, mostly so his parents would get off his ass, but enjoyed learning nonetheless. Taking great interest in history and poetry. He was also a free spirit never letting anyone around ruin his vibe.

But the most important thing he was as a person was an avid music junkie. From listening to RnB to Hip Hop, to the old tapes of Teresa Teng he listened to them all. Over the years he developed his love for music into his passion as he took vocal lessons trying to mold his voice into the distinct style it is today. He took his poetry writing skills into rapping. It certainly helped that his mother was a one-time singer that helped him hone his craft.

Now he found himself in Korea, a country that was completely foreign to him, but it offered great opportunities for artists like himself. There's been a increase of demand of Chinese idols. He has only heard about Kpop only from groups like Big Bang and Exo other than that he's not very familiar with the genre. He's much more familiar to Mandopop artists like Jay Chou, JJ Lin, and G.E.M.

"Are you sure this is the place you want to move?" questioned his mother.

"Of course mom that's what my music teacher recommended me. If I can get accepted to one of these agencies, I'll surely become an idol in no time.

"I know you want to follow your dream, but don't you think you're moving a little too fast?"

"Maybe, but this is the opportunity I've been waiting for. Just wait mom you won't regret this decision" Stefan said with a determined smile.

And that is what he precisely did, by working hard enough getting adjusted to the Korean language he decided to audition at JYP Entertainment to become a trainee. It took a lot for hard work, but after doing a convincing dance session from one of Jay Chou's song he passed the audition.

"Not bad man that was a hell of a show" came the voice of his seniors. What surprised him was the fact he spoke in near perfect English.

"How do you know English?"

"I'm from Hong Kong bro everyone speaks English" the boy answered.

"So that means you speak Chinese, correct?"

"I more or less can, though Cantonese is my mother tongue. Sometimes I use it to talk to Mark hyung. You're from Taiwan, correct?"

"Sort of, I was actually born in America, but my parents are Taiwanese. I visited Taipei on several occasions, but I never been to Hong Kong before. I hear it's a beautiful city."

"For sure Hong Kong is one of the major banking centers of the world man. A lot of people work there to chase their dreams man. I just wanted to get to know ya I hope you enjoy it here. You should meet Mark hyung he's just like you. He's also Taiwanese American. Anyways take care man"

"Hey, I haven't got your name?"

The boy turned back "I'm Jackson Wang and yours?" Jackson did a fist bump which Stefan happily returned.

"Stefan Chen nice to meet you Jackson xiongdi" he introduced in Mandarin.

"Hahaha you're a funny one bro, but I like your spirit" Jackson waved bye.

And so, Stephan grew accustomed to his position as trainee. He got to meet other foreign trainees like Christopher Bang from Australia who's roughly around the same age range and BamBam who recently debuted in Jackson's group. He eventually got to meet Mark Tuan himself. He had to admit that the guy was fun to be around with. A total shame he could only see them during his free days.

Throughout the rest of 2014 he trained hard, learned the Korean language and culture, and spent his time attending SOPA high to get better aquatinted with Korean studies. By the end of the year, he was on the right track, but something was about to happen that will reconsider his career.