Tangents | NCT Johnny

It was his first time coming to TTYT.

What a strange name for a cafe. Johnny thought. Who names a cafe 'TTYT'?

"What does it mean? Talk to you tomorrow?" Johnny once asked his fellow group mate Jaehyun about his friend's cafe.

"She said it means Tea Time by Yours Truly." Jaehyun paused for a beat. "I was a bit baffled too, not gonna lie. Maybe she was pulling my leg, who knows?"

To be honest, the meaning 'talk to you tomorrow' made more sense assuming it's one of those marketing strategies. Or at least that was Johnny's initial impression.

This cafe is so lovely that anyone would like to pay a visit a second time.

Did this place feel cozy enough? See you tomorrow then! I mean, talk to you tomorrow, dear.

Well, it definitely worked on Jaehyun. He became an almost regular customer of this cafe. He learned of this place thanks to the unexpected buddy he made at MBC, Park Jinwoo. The owner of this cafe was his older sister Jungwon. Somehow Jaehyun also got to befriend her. Lately, he'd been getting out of his shell a lot. Which was awesome and all, but Johnny could also tell that his relationship with Jungwon wasn't limited to friendship. Jaehyun definitely felt more. Although what Jungwon felt about it was unknown to them.

Why doesn't he just confess already? Johnny couldn't help wondering all this time.

It's half past ten at night and the two NCT members came to the said coffee shop to fetch Jungwon and Jinwoo. At last their comeback promotions ended and the long awaited vacation started. Thus like everyone else, Johnny and Jaehyun couldn't wait to enjoy every single moment of it. Johnny would go to the states to visit his family. Meanwhile, Jaehyun planned to go to Fukuoka with his two somewhat new friends. Their next destination after picking up the siblings from their house was Incheon International Airport, where both of the groups would start their separate journey. More like, Johnny would go solo and the rest of the travelers as a trio.

Jaehyun and the Park siblings had been planning this trip months before NCT 127 started preparing for their latest comeback. Johnny was glad that his dongsaeng had been more cheerful ever since he met these siblings. But it also never ceased to surprise him how this classic introvert homebody suddenly let these two people enter his life. Human beings can be surprisingly unexpected.

Yeah yeah, that's amazing and all but when will you confess bruh? Johnny couldn't stop thinking.

To be honest, he was curious to meet this Jungwon girl. He already saw Jinwoo at the MBC broadcasting station when he had been a guest MC for the 97 liner's game show Kickstart. Thanks to Jaehyun, Johnny got to chat a little with this Jinwoo kid. One of his striking features was his strong angular jawline. He had large light brown eyes, evenly tan skin, and wavy shoulder length hair tied in a low ponytail. He was quite tall but he always kept his shoulders hunched, especially around strangers, Johnny observed. Also since he always wore a cap, he looked even more boyish and awkward. Jinwoo was definitely mixed race but Johnny was never curious enough to ask Jaehyun about the details.

Jinwoo was a seemingly quiet boy in his early twenties, mostly busy working behind the scenes alongside the rest of the production crew. Although Johnny had heard from Jaehyun that this kid was altogether a different breed whenever he's around his sister. Both Johnny and Jaehyun were single children so they couldn't entirely relate to such dynamics. Although the 23 members definitely filled whatever sibling relationships that were missing in the lives of these two.

The two NCT members got out of the taxi as it stopped in front of the cafe. The Park siblings lived on level two of the building meanwhile the coffee shop was situated on the ground floor. The cafe was supposedly closed within ten PM, thus the inside looked darker than usual. Jaehyun always described the cafe as a combination of haunting and magical. What was even stranger was that he once said that the cafe interior looked almost spooky during daytime in summer while on fall nights it embraced the opposite look.