Today, I decided to head to Brooklyn to sell my papes. I wanted to meet up with Spot anyhow. I walked from the Circulation gate, through the busy streets of Manhattan, over the Brooklyn bridge, and to the piers, where Spot was sure to be.

"Hey Lucky! You looking for someone?" Skittery called out to me.

Oh yeah, that's what all the Brooklyn Newsies called me, Lucky.

"Hey Skittery!" I said, walking over by the boy. "Do you'se know where Spot is?"

Just then, I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist and pick me up. I squealed.

"Spot! Put me down!" I giggled.

"Awe, c'mon Lucky, you'se knows you loves it," Spot said as he put me down. Wow, I could hear the smirk in his voice.

I turned to face him. "Morning, Spot."

"Morning Lucky," He responded. "Now, don't get me wrong, I love that you'se is here, but what are ya doing here?"

"I'm here to sell my papes, ain't it obvious?" I said. "And before you ask, no Jack does not know I'm here. I haven't told him about us yet."

"Madi," He sighed. "You'se is gonna have to tell him sooner or later, or he'll figure it out himself, and we both know, it'll be easier to just tell him straight up."

I gave him a small smile. "You're right. I'll tell him tonight or tomorrow."

"Great," Spot smiled. "Just let me go grab my papers and we can go sell together."

"Actually, I think I'm going to head back to Manhattan," I said.

"Okay," he responded.

He leaned down and gave me a kiss.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too," I whispered back.

I smiled as I started the long walk to Manhattan.