sunsetz

note:
wow this is getting quite the traction
thank you for 1k reads ( ˘ ³˘)♥
here is a bonus continuation yup yup

~

it was yet another lazy thursday at the mteropolitan police task force headquarters. daisuke sat at his desk, tapping his pristine shoe impatiently. he stared holes into mahoro's innocent digital clock as if he was waiting for something.

"he's been doing that for hours," kamei whispered to mahoro.

"of course he is," mahoro said, chewing on a gummy fish. "katou-san is gonna be discharged from the hospital today."

"ohh... makes sense." kamei nodded.

just then the clock hit 5:00 pm. the both of them flinched when daisuke suddenly got up from his seat, elegantly buttoning his blazer. then, he brisk walked out the door.

"whoa... scary..." they said in unison.

~

the sun was already setting when daisuke reached the hospital. he stationed his million-dollar car in the parking lot and waited. occasionally, he would check his hair in the car mirror, adjust his collar or straighten his tie. daisuke took a deep breath, and held it as he waited.

he breathed again when a tall man with taupe coloured hair knocked on his car window.

daisuke smiled.

"haru san," he greeted him.

"hey kambe." haru squeezed into the passenger seat, holding his stitched up side as he did so. "just got off work?"

"yes," kambe replied. he turned to take a good look at haru, who seemed less pale than he saw him last time. the dark circles around his eyes were lighter too.

daisuke couldn't help but feel relieved to see haru back to his old self. "i was waiting for you," he said softly, his eyes pinned on the steering wheel.

"i know." haru returned. daisuke was surprised to haru's voice matching the softness of his own. "i know."

they looked at each other.

the sunset was a vivid thing, and daisuke could see it captured in haru's eyes. the gold of them was diffracting into violets and oranges as if they were two precious gemstones. sunlight had fallen on haru's hair in such a way that made it look like he had a halo.

and daisuke was so irrevocably in love with him he was stunned into speechlessness.

"kambe..?"

he blinked, pulling his gaze back to the steering wheel.

"something on my face?" haru tilted his head, leaning forward so he could see daisuke properly. daisuke willed his heart to slow down.

"no. it's nothing. let's... go home."

"wait a second."

haru placed his hand on daisuke's to stop him from changing gear. daisuke froze. the warmth of haru's hand was intoxicating. he turned to tell haru to let go only to find their faces just mere inches apart.

and then haru pressed his lips against daisuke's own, taking his heart and the breath away from him.

oh how desperately he wanted this.
a kiss from haru katou was something no money on earth could buy.

"your kiss," haru muttered. he pulled away slightly, leaving daisuke helplessly wanting more. "i remembered."

daisuke grabbed haru by the nape and kissed him deeply. haru sighed, his hands sliding up daisuke's shoulders. daisuke shivered from the touch.

he kissed him harder because he thought that if he didn't have the guts to say 'i love you', he could press the words into haru's lips with his mouth.

"every day," daisuke said between kisses, "i pray that you would be mine."

"well," haru sighed into daisuke's skin. "you can stop praying now."

"really?"

haru laughed. the sound was gentle and sweet. "really."

soon the sun dipped under the horizon, and daisuke drove home with the biggest smile on his face and a boyfriend by his side.

~ end.

notes:
fkbu fandom wake up
back to sleep i go