Chapter 1: A Moment of Rest

Warning: this contains a small spoiler for after wano ends, as well as a bit about Gear 5. But, let's be real. If you're on the internet at all and are into One Piece, you've been spoiled about Gear 5.

*This takes place around the middle of Chapter 1060*

  "Huh? I haven't told you guys?" The straw-hatted adventurer of a Captain asked, moments after his bewildering goal had been stated. "Nope, never," Usopp replied, his face bewildered and his hands grasping firmly onto his hips, "Not that I mind, but, Luffy, That's impossible."

"Huh. I guess that I only told Shanks, Ace, and Sabo then. And you guys too, now."

"So what did they say?" Robin chuckled, her head resting of her palm while she leaned over the guardrail of the balcony on their stairwell.

"Well, they laughed. Shanks even had tears in his eyes." 'Shishishi!'

"Oi, Luffy, please tell me you're not serious about this!" Usopp pestered in distress, "It's not-" While this genuine concern was being made, the large Franky shoved through with his exaggerated movements, yelling, "Hah! Love it! SUPERRR GOAL!"

The rest of the crew also had various reactions. While it was mostly laughter, Chopper was in tears of admiration, and Robin had quite the serious expression on her face. But, notably, Nami's reaction was the most interesting.

  "That sure sounds like you, Luffy," she cooed, and unbeknownst to her, seeing Luffy there, laughing and dreaming on, made her heart go pitter-patter. A light blush grew across her face.

  As day turned to night, it was quiet in the girl's quarters. Robin was up in the library, while Nami layed in bed, refle ting on her recent past. Her thoughts just couldn't seem to leave her captian, and she couldn't get to sleep. "Maybe I just need some fresh air," she convinced herself, getting and walking outside, where the cool darkness of night stretched for an infinite space, or so it seemed.

  It was a calm night. Everyone was asleep. Everyone but her. Nami's breath was barely visible as the boat rocked over the cool waves. A mist slowly covers the visible surroundings. "Perfect weather to think," she thinks to herself, dedicating her time to look out over the side of the Thousand Sunny.

  "The crew sure has done a lot for me. It's so strange to think back to when we were in the east blue, just sailing out of Orange Town in that small, dinky side ship. Just me, zoro..," Nami pauses, and a smile creeps up her face, as her face gets more red from the though than from the cold, "and Luffy~."

   Then, suddenly, a rattling racket echoes from the kitchen. Nami's head snaps to look at where the odd noise is coming from. "Hello? Is someone there?" She calls out. No reply, but the rattling and banging gets louder and louder.

  So, logically, Nami decided to investigate. The kitchen door is slightly ajar when she gets to it, and opening it reveals the kitchen in a mess, as the refrigerators locks and chains are strewn about the floor, and the fridge itself is in the center of the room, bouncing up and down as cartoon-like punches stretch from inside of it.

  "Oi!" Nami shouts, kicking the the damned racket, "Stop being loud! I'll get you out of there!" And so she does. The handle of the fridge opens with a pop, and the door falls open to the floor, revealing a wild Monkey D. Luffy, sitting, legs crossed, with a slab of ham hanging falway out of his mouth.

  "*Gulp* Nami! Thank you! I got the fridge opened, but when I hopped inside it closed itself!" Luffy exclaimed, swallowing the ham slab whole. Nami looks at him with a deadpan expression, and with one movement of her foot, closes the door.

  "Oi! Nami! NAAAMIIIIIIIII!" Luffy screams muffledly, as the navigator, done with his bullshit, walks out of the kitchen, and closes the door behind herself.