Examstress (1/2)

You have been studying for hours on end for your chemistry exam (your last but most important exam), stressing way more than is healthy. That is when Arny comes into the room.

"Are you okay my love? You have been studying for almost 7 hours now, have you even eaten?"

You think about your answer for a second and decide to say you did eat, cause otherwise he wouldn't like it.

"Yeah of course I did."

"Are you sure? Cause you don't look very well...", he says as he looks at you with a concerned face.

That's when your eyes start watering and you fall into Arny's arms. You start ugly crying but you can't help it.

"Ohhh my love I hate to see you sad, can I do anything for you baby? You want me to help you study, or get something to eat or drink?"

You sniffle in his arms for a moment before you tell him that you would just like to cuddle for a moment and vent to him.

"Alright darling come here. Do you want advice or do you just want me to listen to you?"

"Please just listen.", you say while wiping off your tears.

You two lay down in bed and talk for a bit while you're laying in Arny's arms. He strokes your hair and kisses you on your forehead every few minutes.

Eventually you calm down and say you need to get back to studying, but Arny pulls you back into bed.

"Babe I really need to-" you get cut off by him.

"No you don't, you know you left your phone in the other room because you didn't want to be distracted? Well your teacher called and said the exam wouldn't have the last 4 chapters on it cause a lot of classes were behind on chemistry. You have studied everything you needed to."

It feels like a huge weight just dropped straight off of your shoulders. You only have to wake up a bit earlier than usual to revise everything quickly and the exam will probably go perfectly to plan.

You lay back down and curl up against arny. He pulls you closer to him with his warm hands, which is surprising because he basically looks like a vampire.

"I love you y/n. I'll always be here for you, you know that right?"

"Of course Arny, and I'll be here for you too alright? Don't think you always have to be the big strong boyfriend."

"Oh darling I will, but don't worry about me.", he says with a comforting smile on his face.

You bury your face in his chest and smell his cologne. After cuddling for some time you can feel him breathing very irregularly. When you look up you can see a tear rolling down his cheek.

Your motherly instinct kicks in and you jump up. He tries to wipe away his tears when he notices you.

"What's wrong?", you asked very concerned.

"Nothing... I don't even know why I'm crying."

Even tho he says he's okay you think he is lying so you keep asking him what's wrong.

"Arny I know you, you really don't have to hide things from me, especially if it makes you sad."

"It's just that I don't want you to ever leave me but I feel like I'm not enough for you. I want to give you everything in the world but I simply can't."

He rants on about how much you mean to him and he wants to be a better boyfriend, even tho he never did anything wrong and always treated you like a princess.

You reassure him you love him and hug him. You just feel like you need to be close to him in this very vulnerable state. That's when he just starts crying even more.

"Did I say anything wrong? Tell me, I want to help you."

"No, it's just that... it's just... you act a lot like a mom to me, I never really had a good parental figure, you know?"

"I am, so, sorry. I understand if you don't want to go into detail about this, but I need you to know I will always stick with you. I need you to promise me to tell me if there is anything bothering you okay?"

"I promise.", he quietly says while hugging you again.

The two of you talk for some time about how much you need eachother. You play with his black curly hair and he occasionally looks up at you to admire you.

"You want me to make you something to eat, pretty boy?"

"I would love some pancakes right now."

"Alright I'll be back in a moment."

You start making the pancakes, with a special recipy of course because of his allergies.

"ARNY YOU WANT SYRUP OR POWDERED SUGAR ON YOUR PANCAKES?"

No reaction.

"ARNY?"

You quickly turn the stove off and go to check on your love.

You open the door and see arny cuddling with your squishmallow he bought for you.

You go over to him and tuck him in, pancakes are always good, even if they're cold. You hear him quietly whispering in his sleep. You decide to take a video for later.

"NO! MY BLUEBERRIES! DON'T STEAL THEM PLEASE!"

He keeps muttering something about blueberries so you think it would be funny to eventually wake him up with blueberries on his pancakes.

You get it ready and walk back into the room. He wakes up because of the smell and you say:" Here are the blueberries you asked for. Don't worry nobody wants to steal them."

"Oh fuck did I talk in my sleep?"

"Yep, and I took a video."

"NO DELETE THAT!'

"I don't think so, you were really upset about your berries man."

He sighs knowing you will never delete that video. I mean who would throw away such a piece of art.

You give him his food and get some yourself. You ask Arny to question you about your chemistry test so you don't have to wake up early tomorrow.

You answer everything perfectly and realize that all that stress really wasn't needed.

"You are so smart, how do you do that?", Arny asks.

"Well it's a mix of a fear of failure and always trying to be the best of the class.", you say jokingly.

"Ill try that some time!", he says answering your joke with a sarcastic comment.

Arny and you decide you want to watch an anime together and before you know it, he falls asleep.

You decide that if you want to be well rested for tomorrow's exam you also need to go to sleep. You turn over and cuddle up next to him.

Eventually you also fall asleep and have a nice dream in his arms.

The next day you wake up and look at the clock.

"FUCK!"

to be continued