Prolouge

Buck doesn't know where he is going to go, all he knows is that he has to get out before he comes back.

Buck grabs a duffel bag out of the bottom of the closet and quickly starts throwing clothes into it, not caring if they're folded or not.

While grabbing a few essentials out of the bathroom, Buck glances into the mirror seeing the bruise that surrounds his eye and the large cut above his eyebrow. He touches the cut before wincing and placing a butterfly bandage over it. He slowly pulls up his hoodie to reveal the bruises that litter his torso. He frowns before dropping his hoodie again and leaves the room.

After packing, he rushes down the stairs with his bag. Buck looks around to make sure that he wasn't around before grabbing his wallet and a pair of sunglasses. His thoughts are racing as he makes his way to the front door.

While walking down the few steps, he looks back at the house that he spent the last five years in and sighs. Buck wishes he could say he has so many fun and loving memories inside it, but he can't. All of his memories are filled with fear and pain.

He shivers once the cold hits him. The Pennsylvania winter is something Buck knows he won't miss.

The bus station is a few miles away so while Buck walks towards it, he thinks about the many places he could travel to. He could go back to live with his parents a few towns over, but his mind immediately tells him no. He could go to a completely different continent and explore, but he knows he doesn't have enough money on his own.

He continues to think until he reaches the bus station. For right now, he's just trying to get as far away from this town as possible. He wants to go somewhere safe, somewhere he can finally be happy. He doesn't know where that place is yet, but he's sure he can find it sooner or later.

Buck buys his ticket and waits for half and hour until it finally arrives. He gets on and picks a window seat near the back. He sets his bag down and lies his head on the window, then breathes deeply. He's actually leaving. He's finally going to be free.

He lets his eyes close once he feels the bus start moving and allows himself to relax. He starts thinking again about where he can go and that's when an idea finally pops up in his head. He'll visit his sister Maddie in LA.