Speeches and Glyphs

A woman wearing a black business suit with a red collar shoved a microphone into Raine's face, suprising them. "Veda here, for Boiling Isles news. This is amazing! Mx. Raine Whispers, how did you achieve your goal of overthrowing Emperor Belos and his coven system?"

They sniled pridefully and gestured their hand towards the woman next to them. "I couldn't have done it without my Eda." There's a small pause before their eyes widen as they realize what they had just said. Their cheeks flushed and their body tensed up. Raine's hands went up, as to defend their case.

"I-I mean, she's not mine, mine, haha- what I meant to say is-" Their eyes narrowed in stress and embarrassment as they whispered to themself, "I actually don't know what I meant to say, I didn't plan any of this...GET ME OUT OF HERE!!" They ran off the stage into the sidelines, pulling their hood over their head.

Eda's face was red as she turned to the audience, confused and nervous.
"I'm..." She shrugs. "Glad I helped...?"

There's an awkward, deafening silence. Then, to Eda's surprise, the whole crowd claps and cheers, while Raine is on the background stage sides, mumbling "stupid, stupid, stupid, why did I say that?? I hate public speaking..."

Eda suddenly appeared behind them and said, "So, interviews, huh?" That made them jump. They looked at Eda, then looked down at the ground. "Yeah, I'm horrible at this kind of stuff." Then their eyes widened, seeming to have just realized something.

"Wait, how are us coven leaders going to do magic now since all our magic, even for our covens, were sealed away during the day of unity?" Eda started to think...and then smiled. She pulled a crumpled piece if paper out of her hair and unfolded it. She drew a symbol on it. "Glyphs. Luz taught me these. Since she's a human, she uses these to cast spells. There's different glyph patterns for different spells."

She gently put the glyph in Raine's hand and looked at them with an expression that said it all. Raine nervously but sweetly smiled at her and then looked back at the glyph, curious. They seemed hesitant..."Are you sure this isn't gonna explode or something?" Eda chuckled. "Nah, that's just a light glyph. It's...pretty amazing actually." Raine hesitantly tapped it and then, as the ball of light floated in front of them, their eyes glew in wonder. "Whoa."

"Eda!" Suddenly, Luz was behind the two of them. She had whipped an ice glyph on the ground and propelled herself toward Eda and Raine.
"Luz! You're okay!" Eda did the parallel-arm-thing with the human and smiled. " Luz grinned. "Yeah, and I taught the other coven leaders glyphs!" She points to where the Potions and Construction coven are marveling at their new magic tecnique.

"I could teach you too, if you want." Luz offered, gesturing toward Raine. Raine smiled and replied, "Thank you, but..." They looked at Eda wistfully. "I think I've got a pretty good teacher already."