Rooster's POV
Maverick asks us all what we did wrong and how we would fix it and he says "it's been a long day, go get some rest, I'll have something planned for tomorrow." I sigh, shaking my head, and I get up to go back to my room. Tom says "lieutenant Bradshaw and lieutenant Seresin. You wait right here."

I say "Ice, it's been a long day. I just want to go to bed." Jake says "yes, sir?" He stands at attention and Ice says "at ease. Get out of here, Maverick." Maverick says "what? Why?" Ice says "just go." I look at Jake and he mumbles "sit down, babydoll" and we sit down.

He squeezes my thigh and Ice says "you two need to get yourselves together. You need to work together. Bradley, just listen to me. You two need to work as one. I understand the 'hate' but if you want to live, you need to work together. Fly as one. I understand the need for speed and it is needed but if you aren't flying practically on top of each other, you aren't close enough. You need his speed" looking at me and he looks at Jake saying "and you need his accuracy. Now, learn to work together. I don't care how, you just need to. You can fake hate each other all day but if you don't work together, you're dead as hell."

I nod and Jake says "yes, sir." I get up and Jake pushes our seats in then we walk back to our room. I say "I need to get out, can we go do something?" He says "bar?" I say "no, like out of town. Somewhere just me and you. Somewhere we won't get caught. Somewhere I can hold your hand and not get my career ruined."

He says "I have an idea, you go take a shower cause I know you want one and get ready. I'll take care of the rest." I bite my lip saying "ok" and he smirks, kissing me. Jake jogs out of the room and I grab my towel and some good clothes. I go to the showers and get rid of all my sweat.

I go back to the room and Jake says "are you ready, doll?" I say "you're so hot." He's wearing jeans, cowboy boots, and a short sleeve button up with cuffed sleeves that show off his biceps. He's wearing his aviators with a toothpick in his mouth and roses in hand.

I say "are these for me?" He nods and I take them from him, kissing him on the cheek. I say "thank you." I then put my aviators on saying "take me out, cowboy." He says "let's go, babydoll." He smirks and we walk out of our room. Phoenix walks by saying "where are you two going?" I say "our girlfriends are in town and we were told to get along, so we're going on a double date."

She says "that's what the Admiral wanted to say to you two." I nod and she says "have fun tonight then." Jake says "trust me, I will." We leave and Jake says "now we have girlfriends. I call dibs on mine being a red head." I say "like orangey red or like Jessica Rabbit?"

He says "I'm just gonna describe Jessica Rabbit as my girlfriend." I say "I'm dating Vanessa Hudgens then." He says "at least yours is real." I say "neither of them are real girlfriends, Jake" as he leads me to his truck. I say "where are you taking me?" He says "I'm not telling." I say "rude."

He smiles at me and rests his hand on my knee. I rest my hand on his and he drives out of the parking lot. I look at him and he says "don't look at me like that, doll." I say "like what?" He says "that way. You have puppy dog sad boy eyes and I can't help but kiss that cute face of yours."

I say "maybe you should just kiss me then." He says "yeah and go off the road, doll. I'd love to do that." I kiss his cheek saying "we can pull over" and he says "let me take you on a romantic date then maybe on the way back you can pull that card." I smile, biting my lip.

Jake turns his hand over to hold my hand, resting on my leg for a little bit then we get to this wine tasting place. I say "you're getting me drunk in a romantic way now. Wow, I really love you" and he says "wow, I really love you too" taking his toothpick out of his mouth and kissing me.

I say "are we moving too fast?" Jake mumbles "if it's love, why does time matter, doll?" I look at him saying "I'm just worried if we don't take our time it won't be sincere and we'll screw up somehow." Jake says "babydoll, I know how I feel for you and I'm serious about it. I know what I say and you know what you say. If you love someone, let them know" and I say "I love you" looking into his eyes. He says "I love you too, doll face."

He kisses me softly and we go inside, him resting his hand on my lower back then his arm snaking around my waist. A lady brings us right to a table and I say "this is really romantic of you. I think it's growing on me." Jake says "you like it?" I say "I really do."

He says "that's good, babydoll" making me smile. I smile, holding his hand over the table. Jake kisses my knuckles saying "you look just beautiful" quietly. I smile saying "stop it" blushing deeply. Jake says "no, I'm never gonna stop" kissing my knuckles. We spend the next few hours sipping wine and talking quietly.

Jake buys two bottles of a wine we really liked and we go out to his truck. I lean against the side of the truck and he smiles, kissing me slowly. I let him drive somewhere not in the direction of base for ten minutes till we stop in a random parking lot in a park. I say "what are we doing?"