Chapter 70: Follow The Wind

Song Quote: Buy The Stars
"You bought a star in the sky tonight And in your man-made dark, the light inside you died
Oh, we don't own our heavens now, we only own our hell
And if you don't know that by now then you don't know me that well"
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
Night finally settled across the land. The darkness enveloping the world with the full moon glowing among the stars unobstructed by ant clouds.

The brilliant silvery light of the moon reflected off the Bounty's red paint. The wreckage itself propped up by wooden beams and fallen trees.

At the base of it all was a makeshift camp. The ninja, the sensei and the nindroid gathered around the warm light of the campfire. They could only sit and rest around the fire as they wait for help to arrive in the morning.

Though the night itself was quiet and peaceful, save for the buzz of the cicadas and the crackling of the fire, inner turmoil lingered over their heads.

Sensei Wu notices the desire on his student's faces. How they wish to ask and press him for information about Morro and everything that's happened, yet they remain hesitant to overstep. Either worried that by prying they'll inflict pain onto their sensei, or fear of what they'll find out.

But despite this, they still desire to know so that they know what they're getting into and figure out how to rescue Lloyd.

Wu takes a deep breath before opening his mouth. "Care to hear a ghost story?" He breaks the silence, glancing at everyone.

Zane nods his head keenly, "If it means saving Lloyd, of course."

Everyone waits in silent anticipation as he begins telling the story.

A thin line forms on Wu's lips as he draws in another deep breath. It's not the first he'll have that night, nor is it the last. No one is every really ready to face the past.

Memories draw forth into his mind, behind his eyes and they form the words that would leave his mouth.

"..."

"Morro may have been my first pupil, but he was also my greatest regret" he begins, his eyes steady on the flames of the campfire as his mind wandered to the past. "Before he was a cursed spirit, it wasn't I who found him... but he who found me."

"My brother had just gone off to train under Master Chen, which gave me time to attempt my hand at teaching. Morro was the perfect student. He did everything that was ever asked of him."

He remembers the scene of a young Morro training feverously. Showing an eagerness to learn and the discipline and work effort to back it up.

The scene of him giving Morro the red kite and later finding him controlling it with his powers over the wind came to mind. Mirth shown in Wu's eyes as he continued talking.

"I had shown him things he had never seen. And he showed me a few things too. He had a power over the Wind I had never seen. He was a descendant of an Elemental Master. It was then I thought I had found the one. Perhaps he would wear green."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Back up-" Jay piped in interrupting the story. "You're saying Morro, the Master of Wind, was gonna be the Green Ninja!?"

At those words, the wind picked up. It rustled around the camp, shaking the trees around them. The campfire crackled in protest, shifting and becoming bigger and brighter than before.

Cole's eyes widened as they darted around wildly. "Uh, did that just happen?" He says looking to the others in confirmation. "Maybe I don't like ghost stories" he mumbles shrinking into his seat.