Where it all began - Part One

The lump of rock shrunk as you pushed the small, stolen, battered ship as far from the orange planet as you could get it.

You let out a shaky sigh as you used the last of the fleeting energy in the ship to light-fold away into the vastness of empty space.

You immediately sent out a distress signal in the blind hope that someone would collect you before the air in the ship ran out.

You looked to the space suit hung up neatly on the rack behind the control panel, deciding to put it on just in case the ship gives out.

It wasn't supposed to be out too far from home, the pressure slowly freezing the glass dome in-front of you.

An hour of waiting turned into two, then three, then so forth.

You had lost the notion that you would be saved, emotion became too much to bear, making you slam your hand at the console in frustration.

A female computer voice droned with a singular tone.

"Initiating self-destruct."

"Oh crap."

You shoved on your helmet and hit the eject button right before the ship exploded, the blast sending you further away into the dark.

The monitor on your arm stated that you were low on oxygen and would be endured into an unconscious state to ration the air.

Your eyes fluttered then closed as you went under, breathing in the gases being expelled by the helmet to induce unconsciousness.

Your body suddenly felt lighter in space, a slight pull to your arms, as if someone was carrying you away from your position.

The area became warmer and the newfound gravity pulled you into a deep sleep.