ten

mack, carl, and rick walked toward the farm.

"you bit too?" carl asked.

"no," rick said.

mack shook her head. 

"shane was," carl said. 

"that wasn't shane. you know that."

"used to be... what happened? you guys attacked?"

"i mean, i- i heard some gunshots, but i didn't see any walkers nearby."

"me and reese found some walkers," mack informed. she completely forgot about the hoard and she still didn't remember them. "the first few shots were me."

carl nodded. "what about you guys?" he looked at their dad. "how did shane die?"

they stopped walking. and just then walkers growled, rick and carl looking to see.

"shit, i forgot," mack muttered, watching the walkers come out of the woods. "oh god."

the herd was here.

"oh my god. go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go," rick muttered, hurrying the two of them.

they stopped for a bit, looking around.

"we-we gotta get to the house, tell the others," carl said.

"we'll never get through that." rick shook his head.

"dad, what do we do? we can't make it to the house in time, or get through the walkers," mack panicked. "and what about reese? i don't know where he is or if he got to the farm - we got separated by walkers."

"can't go around," rick muttered to himself. "mack, carl, stay close. go! follow me."

they started running through the first part of the herd, going to the barn.

from the porch, reese watched the herd with the others. 

"dad, wh-what about mack?" reese worried. "i dunno where she is."

"we'll find her, ok? she's smart, she'll find somewhere." daryl nodded.

"maybe they're just passing," glenn tried, "like the herd on the highway. should we just go inside?"

"not unless there's a tunnel downstairs i don't know about." daryl shook his head. "a herd that size would rip the house down."

back with the three grimes', they got into the barn and snuck inside, shutting the door. they used some stuff to keep the door shut, the walkers banging on the door. 

the barn was creaking.

"dad, it-it's not gonna hold," mack worried. "what do we do?"

"here," he said, leading his kids over to where he meant. 

the wood on the walls and door were already chipping from the walkers nails.

"alright, here we go." rick grabbed some gasoline, pouring it onto the ground. "mack, c'mon."

she hesitated but helped pour a can, all over the ground.

"stay behind me," he ordered the two.

carl was sticking with the two of them.

"dad," mack warned, one of the wood pieces breaking from the wall.

"oh shit. alright. ok. up there, hurry." he pushed carl and mack up the latter.

"wait, wait! wh-what about you?" carl asked.

"i'll be right there," he told them both.

"dad," she tried.