Chapter One

(Please don't hesitate to correct anything inaccurate!)

         His ears twitch. Was that a scream? He cautiously moves through the forest. Those mysterious mushrooms can wait. If that was a scream as he thought, then someone might need help! Or it could be the cry of a new or rare species of something! Something inside him felt excited as he pushed through the brush. I might discover a new type of creature! He thought. Or it's someone in need of help...

A shiver runs through him as the screams return. Any normal person would not have heard it, but with his sensitive ears, it was like it was right beside him.

Keep going, you're getting closer.

The rushing of the rivers roared. He moved towards the edge of the water, searching the muddy ground aligning the sides. A bundle of mud-spotted H/c caught his attention and he raced over. He let out a light gasp when he noticed it was someone and not something.

He crouched down, pushing the sticky, stained hair away from where he assumed their face was (If your hair length chosen is too short for that, then he just observed the hair). Underneath the coats of mud, he saw sickly pale S/c, and in a worry, shook their shoulder roughly. "Hey, wake up!"

         You regain consciousness and realize you're being shaken. Did the monster find me??  You shoot up from where you were laying, slamming headfirst into whatever had been shaking you.

"Oww!" The creature groaned. 

You open your eyes, blinking back water and mud. You find yourself staring at the creature, which wasn't a creature at all! It was a guy with dark hair, lime green tips in the front; brown eyes fading into a beautiful shade of green; and an intricate outfit that complimented every bit of him. You were incredibly surprised at the tall ears on his head, feeling an overwhelming temptation to feel them.

"You don't even apologize, you just move towards the ears." He says loudly, as if wanting you to hear it; also shaking his head.

Embarassed, you say, "N-no! I just wasn't expecting... um... well, you." Your shock fades away and you begin to hurt all over, the worst being your head for obvious reasons.

"Oh, so you know me? Why, then, would you think I wouldn't go investigate a scream?" He looked doubtful. You realize he misunderstood what you had meant.

"No! I meant- I thought you were the creature chasing me! I don't have any idea who you are." You let out a pained gasp, rubbing your forehead. Oh man, it hurt.

His doubt melted away at once. "Ah, that makes more sense." He stands up, holding out a hand to you. "I am Tighnari: forest ranger and dweller of Avidya Forest."

You take his hand, your sore muscles thankful for the help. "I... I'm N/n." With Tighnari's help, you stand up. Your legs are shaking, and you feel dizzy. The rush of the water stays in your memories; you can still feel the movement of it on your skin.

Tighnari wraps an arm around you before you fall back down. "You're obviously too weak to move on your own. I'm taking you to Gandharva Ville and I'm treating those wounds."

You were too tired to argue, but then you realize that Gandharva Ville was where you were going when that monster came around. "I- I was on my way there a-anyway!" You cough.

Tighnari raises an eyebrow, leading you away. "What on Teyvat led you to venture there?"

"I was looking for a scholar to help me..." You didn't want to say very much, in case Tighnari wasn't a good guy. You wanted to trust him, since he helped you, but you can't be too careful.

"Are you ill? Why would you need help from some scholar?" Tighnari questions, his grip tightening ever-so-slightly.

You chuckle a bit. "I might end up ill now after that adventure in the river..." You then exhale. "A dear friend of mine told me he could help me regain the memories I had lost. I had been traveling with her for a while when she told me about him." 

Tighnari made a small hum-like sound, not saying a word for a few minutes. After that he said, "You're already ill, I can feel you shaking," quite briskly.

Did I say something wrong...? You wonder, confused at the sudden silence. Your body begins to feel incredibly tired, and you can hardly walk anymore. Tighnari appears to notice this, because he stops and picks you up before continuing. "Sleep if you can, we'll be at Gandharva Ville sooner than later."

You're too exhausted to argue or react, so you let yourself fall limp in his arms and let the darkness take over again, this time feeling peaceful.

Tighnari finds his mind racing with questions as he takes N/n back to the Ville. Who were they and why have they been searching for him?  Why do they think he could help them with their memories? Who was that friend that knew about him? Where were they from to know someone that knew him...?

And why were they so...familiar? He thought, frowning deeply.

He didn't know.