Are you sure she's nice (Koolie x reader)

(This is another request by MichaelAngeli3  I did loose insperation half way through but I hope you like it💕)

"You mean she nicknamed you Koolie because of, like, the dog?” You asked the new Milkman that you had just met. It had only been a few minutes and you had already learned so much about him. You had heard rumors about him presumably “murdering” his wife, but he doesnt look nor sound like the type of person that would do that. You've been doing a little bit of digging and, so far, all you’ve gotten was how she sounded extremely toxic but Kollie was just to blind to see it. Something else was clearly going on here. Yes, he was very sweet and seemed to cherish his wife, but then why did she “go missing”. No one in town has seen her for awhile now. It intrigued you. You wanted to know more.

“Y-yea. Their quite cute dogs at least.” ‘Yes, very cute dogs, I suppose,’ you thought to yourself. “Maybe, but she sounds quite awful from what you've told me and that's just icing on the cake. Are you sure she’s super ‘amazing and wonderful’?” You asked. He seemed to flinch back. “What?! N-no she’s wonderful. Did I really make her sound so terrible? That was truly not my intention. She’s one of the best women out there.” He explained. You took note of how fidgety he had gotten. Either he was still in denial about the fact that she was, well, the opposite of what he had just said, or he was getting uncomfortable about the topic. But you needed answers. ‘Just get the answers as quick as possible and move on.’ You told yourself.

“Ok, I will admit, that was a bit straightforward to say, especially like how I said it and I'm sorry about that. I did not mean for it to sound like that. However, it really sounds like she’s got you wrapped around her finger; doing everything she says, wearing only what she wants you to wear. I don't mean to push, but I’m only trying to look out for you, ‘neighbor to neighbor’ so to speak.”  You frowned. This wasn't really going anywhere. You felt bad for him. “No, she’s only helping me. I’m not really good at anything myself, so she has to help me with almost everything. Make sure I get it right and don't go around looking like a buffoon.” His grip on one of his locks of hair that he’s been playing with tightens. Was this that uncomfortable for him? Did he really think he couldn’t function without her telling him what to do 24/7?

You gently grabbed his wrist and pulled it away from his hair, which at this point was bound to be hurting him from all that pulling, and rubbed his palm in an attempt to calm him down some. “Chill alright, i’ll stop prying, but you pulling that hard is bound to be hurting your scalp.” You gave him a sympathetic look. It seemed to work. He put on a fake smile and said, “Oh, not at all. I've got, as my wife calls it, a hard head. It takes a lot to hurt my scalp. But uh, th-thanks for the concern.” You sighed. “You do know her saying you have a ‘hard head’ isn't a compliment, right? That usually means their calling you stubborn.” You dropped his hand so this situation didn't get any more awkward.

“Oh, i-i’m sure that wasn’t her intention. Even so, I love her either way. She’s got a lot to be angry with, considering how much of a screw up I am, yet she stays with me. She makes me so happy just by walking into the same room as me. Plus, you don't even know her and it already feels like you're judging her harshly.” This whole situation was giving you the headache of your nightmares. Everything seemed to be going wrong. You understood him being in denial about something but this was different.

“You know, if you're not busy after you make your routes, you can come over. We’ll talk more… formally so to speak. You know, get to know each other better. I can make some cookies and tea.” You offered, leaning off the doorframe, indicating the conversation was finally coming to an end. “Hm, normally I would decline requests like that, but I don't see why not. I have nothing to do after work anyway. I'm usually done around 8. Does that work for you?” He asked. Truth be told, you didn’t think he would accept, but you were glad he did. You would just have to get more and more information out of him as weeks passed. Just a little at a time so he doesn't get too uncomfortable. You grinned, “Yup, it works perfectly.”