000

"na-kun, dinner's ready! come down now."

it's dinner time, everyone's favorite time of the day, where families gather to eat all together and tell fun stories from their day.

akiko, took two plates and set it on the table while waiting for het grandson whom is probably still sleeping.

okay he's tired you know. he just came from practice and he's beat.

slow footsteps are heard as he came down. hair's a mess, clothes are messed and the face is, of course, still beautiful. this is shiratori nana, half of japanese masses' favourite athlete. don't ask about the other half, we don't talk about that.

yawning as he rubbed his tummy, he went to his grandma's side and gave her a kiss on her cheek.

it made her smile. "alright, let's eat now. we don't want to make the food wait." she said.

after they were both seated, "itadakimasu!" was said as they dig in.

it was the usual warm evening and warm dinner they always had. stories from each other's day to keep their bond stronger, it was nice.

this is the kind of household the shiratori is.

"oh right, i forgot to mention." nana broke out as swallowed his food.

akiko didn't ask and instead patiently wait for her grandson to continue.

drinking water before he continue, "i received a letter yesterday. it's about a program something."

"is it an invitation? then what are you gonna do?" she asked.

slightly pondering, he answered. "i don't know. i don't feel like going."

truthfully, football is becoming boring to him now, just like his past sports.

it's the feeling of when you're too good at something, that it becomes mediocre the longer you stick with it.

volleyball, basketball and now football. he thought that because sports are fun and exciting, it would be enough to keep him playing. but no, it's all the same boring games. and he's getting tired of this cycle.

akiko drank water before she asked again, "really? i thought you like football? What changed your mind?"

"it's the same. repetitive and boring. who knows, maybe next week i'll jump to another one. i heard that baseball is good too." nonchalantly, he answered.

sighing, akiko took her grandson hand and held in between hers.

"then, are you going to left football now? if so, i think you should at least take a look at this program. you can quit anytime you want once you think football is really not for you." she advised, smiling as she patted his head.

"sure, it's only for a little while anyway."

oh how wrong he is.

the moment he stepped inside that building, the moment he saw jinpachi ego and heard his thoughts and ideals, the moment he met that striker... it was all enough to make him stay.

"i think... football is great, it's interesting enough to keep me seated, waiting for more."