three.

"here we go again, asking where i've been."
Suspicious Minds by Elvis Presley

"Suspicious Minds by Elvis Presley

(constance's p.o.v)

"now sherlock, about this case of yours, what is it exactly?" i ask, curiosity shadowing over me while i look at the board in his study, which he told me not to go into, but i just couldn't resist.

"constance, not to be rude, but why are you still here? i don't need any help with the case and you certainly don't need to know what it is about." he scoffs, moving his papers about to give him a better visual.

a couple seconds later, there is a bang on the study window. i walk over inevitably to have to drag enola in by her feet, in a completely new change of clothing, ironically boys. she mouths quietly 'i need to hide.' i look over to sherlock, who was just as confused as i. he points to the board. i open it up and push her inside right as there is a knock on the door. i drop the board again and sherlock opens the door, revealing a short man.

"ah, lestrade of scotland yard. you remember me, i hope." i walk around the corner with my arms crossed, staring at the man who was standing with his back straight as a pole to make himself taller. sherlock just stares at him, as do i, before he gives a chuckle and continues. "we are looking for you sister. she's caused a bit of trouble. may i?" he walks in the door. "ah. lady tewksbury, wonderful to see you here." he smiles and takes my hand to kiss. i cringe and the feeling and jerk my hand away after he was finished with his greeting. he gasps, looking at one of sherlock's pipes on the table. "is it so? is it?"

"take it, i have others." sherlock says, crossing his arms like i have mine.

"take it? i cant. i can- i cant. perhaps i can." he takes the pipe from its setting place. "and this, the famous fiddle."

"that, he does not have two of." i state from the other side of the room. "perhaps you can explain what you believe enola has done."

"i wish i was at liberty to say, ma'am. do you mind?" he walks over to the study. "oh, your latest case. what's it concerning? is it another brixton strangler? or a periwinkle? don't tell me it's a clerkenwell."

"what evidence do they have against my sister?" sherlock asks, bringing a glass of scotch to his lips.

"perhaps, uh, you tell me yours and i'll tell you mine." he bargains.

i knew enola was freaking out, considering the closeness of lestrade to finding her. a few mere feet in distance, being guarded by a board. i was scared for the girl.

"government case, some missing money." sherlock says grimly. "now you."

"super wants to talk to her." i cringed, thinking of grail always wanted my to die.