1.

Sophia was sitting down on a bench as she waited for her mother to pick her up after school. She could hear the gossip of her peers, along with laughter. She could also hear the small noises others wouldn't pay attention to. The sound of the busses leaving the campus and honks of cars going off at each other. The noises the trees would make as the air blew their branches, or the crunches of the leafs that were falling on the ground.

Sophia had lost her sight at the age of five during a car accident with her older brother. She remember a few things of the world, the sun, the grass, her family. Other than that everything was a blur for her. She didn't mind the darkness of her world for a long time until she met a young boy about a year ago in her freshman year in college.

It wasn't easy for a girl to walk around an unknown campus but she managed to pull it through. She would often trip or hit herself with things even with her Cane in her hand.

Joshua or as they called him Jc, helped her once when she fell on the ground her second week of school. People would often feel sorry for her when things like that happened to her. But he laughed, not knowing she was blind. Sophia had decided that day to not use her Cane. Once she told him she couldn't see, he apologized multiple times for not knowing. He was embarrassed and ashamed for doing such thing to a girl, his parents had taught him better.

Later on the year Jc became really close to her, helping her around the campus and with work. After a while Sophia had developed a sort of feelings towards him. Although she didn't know if he liked her back or he was just being nice to her.

"Hey, I thought you were leaving?" He asked, sitting down next to her. "I don't think my mom is here yet. Why aren't you in class?" She faced the way his voice came from.

"I didn't have class today..." there was something different about his tone. He sounded nervous as if he was holding something back from her. She knew it, after a while of not seeing she was stronger with her other senses. "¿Whats wrong? You sound worried."

"Its nothing, i'll be okay." He said with a sigh "You can tell me, you know? I can probably help you" she said with her sweet voice. Sophia was a gorgeous girl no doubt. "Im worried about your surgery Soph" he said concerned. "¿Why? The doctor said I'll be fine Jc. "

"I know, its just things...What if you see me different?" He asked. Jc was scared that once she saw him for the first time she would run away. But it didn't sound like her, she was always sweet to him since the first day. "¿Different?" She asked once again confused by what he was telling her.

"You know what i mean Sophia." His voice changed once again. A soft tone. "Jc i like you for you. You're sweet and caring" she carefully searched for his face. He led his hand on his cheek. "Why don't you describe yourself for me. You've never done that before" she whispered to him. She was so close to him, but she didn't know that.

He chuckled nervously "I have blue eyes" he careful grabbed both of her hands and placed them on his eyes as he closed them "¿Really? I always pictured you for some reason with brown eyes" she giggled, he laughed along with her. "I have a kinda big nose" he continued "oh, i love that" she smiled. Making him blush by her comment "I don't have big lips"

She softly traced the outline of his lips with her thumb. "Wow" she laughed nervous. "I also have short hair" he swallowed a knot forming inside his throat. Having her near him always made him nervous, but now more than ever it made him insecure.

"I cant wait to meet you." She whispered to him. He couldn't either. They spent the rest of the time talking until her mother came to pick her up. Like always she thanked Jc for being with her.

After a few days, it was time for her surgery she was nervous but ready for it. She was ready to finally see the world once again. To see her parents, her brother, the sun, the grass and him.

Jc tried to get an excused day to go see her at the hospital but it was impossible with the up coming exams. He decided not to call her either since he knew she would be drained and tired from the surgery afterwards and needed rest. A part of him was scared to see her, what if she didn't like him?

"Mom, has Jc called?" She asked as she laid on her bed with her blanket on top of her "No honey, he hasn't." She looked at Sophia confused, all she did was frown. It wasn't something he would do.

"Mom, I like Jc." She confessed to her "I know, he's such a sweet boy. I really like him Sophia"

"¿Do you think he likes me back?" She asked "Im not sure, honey."

Later on that evening Sophia was woken up by the sound of her door opening. She was still getting use to her surroundings. Her vision would go blurry here and there but the doctor had told her it was normal. Her vision wasn't use to new surroundings but after a few weeks her eyes should be normal like any other.

"Its me" said Jc with a quiet voice as he walked to her bed. Her room was dark, she still couldn't see him. She so was anxious to know how he looked. She reached over to her lamp but before she turned it on he stopped her. "Wait. I need to tell you something before you do it." He reached for her hand.

"Sophia. I like you, I like you a lot. I've been having feeling for you for a long while now." He said nervous as he played with her fingers. "Im not an insecure person and you know that but im worried i might not be what you expect."

"Jc...i like you too. What i feel for you wont change at all, i like you for you. I fell for you by your actions and words. I promise no matter what you look like im still going to like you."

"Okay..." he laughed giving her hand a small squeeze. She anxiously turned on her light and for the first time she saw him.

Her sight went to his beautiful blue eyes. Oh boy, were they blue. His jawline was so sharp, his lips were perfect. She didn't know what to say, he wasn't what she pictured. Not even close.

The silence was killing him from the inside, her expressions was blank until a smile started to form. "you're handsome" she smiled widely cuffing his face with both of her hands. Pulling him closer to her. He smiled hearing her say those words.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered to her. Sophia giggled, giving him a kiss on the cheek.