Summer love

"¿What no date for the dance?"  Laughed Jc as he went up to the ginger who was sitting down on a chair away from the loud crowd. "I don't see you with a girl either. So back off" she rolled her eyes at him

"Typical of you. It's like you scare them off "

"Oh please, I don't need a date for a dance" she fought back. Olivia had knew Jc since the 3rd grade. She never really understood why he hated her so much throughout the years. "Right, that's what everyone says" he laughed once again, crossing his arms.

"Whatever. I'm leaving" she quickly grabbed her purse from the table and walked away from him. Leaving him standing there alone, he watched her leave the building to the parking lot.

He was wearing a black suit with a red tie complimenting his eyes. His hair was a mid size height, combed back yet he still had some strands of hair fall to his forehead.

Maybe he was being tough on her tonight, he thought. He usually never felt bad when he would pick on her but for someone strange feeling it felt wrong tonight. He had watched her from far since she had arrived that evening.

Olivia had sat down all night the moment she arrived. She seemed upset from the beginning. Yet she looked amazing in her purple dress. The style of the dress complimented her figure in any possible way. Like if it was meant for her to wear. She looked wonderful from far but from close her green eyes seemed to contradict everything about her. Maybe he should apologize...

Jc decided to leave the venue once he saw her walk out, maybe tonight would be the night he didn't treat her horrible like he did after many years of picking at her constantly.

"¡Olivia! wait!" He yelled as he saw her walk down the street. "I'm really not in the mood for your jokes tonight." She said in a frustrated voice, walking away from him. "I'm sorry"

She turned around as she heard him say that. "¿Sorry? ¿For night? ¿Or all the years you picked on me?" She questioned him. "I never really understood you Jc." Her eyes seemed to tear down.

"Why do you hate me?" She asked him. He just stared at her. He couldn't tell her...but he needed to.

"¿What? ¿Now you can't say anything?"

"I like you" he said to her out of the blue. She frowned, confused by those 3 words that had come out of his mouth. How can he like her? He made her life a complete mess.

"You can't like  me." She laughed. He sounded delusional. "¿Why not?" He asked

"I like you. Olivia I've liked you since the 3rd grade! That day you walked in with your two braids in a blue skirt with a pink shirt. You were the prettiest girl in the class. And you still are. You're the most beautiful girl" He confessed. He caught her attention, she remembered that day like if it was yesterday. He had payed attention to her?

"I know, I'm a jerk, and I know I've never been the nicest to you. But I like you Olivia. The way you laugh at my insults and smile no matter what. I know this doesn't make sense but what I feel for you is real." He wasn't wrong. As much of a jerk he was to her, she would have fun with his insults to the point she couldn't wait to go to school the next day to hear his comebacks on her.

"¿Why are you always picking at me then?"

"Because I was afraid you would reject me. You've always done things by yourself with no help. You're capable of doing great alone...You would never look at me. I thought that the only way you would notice me was if I picked on you."

"Well that did work..." she smiled, rolling her eyes playful. "I do find your insult funny. I'm always excited about your comebacks." A smile formed across his face as he heard her say that. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all those years I gave you a hard time." He apologized

"Apologize accept it." She laughed "you look beautiful Olivia. Just like that day I laid my eyes on you in third grade"

"I've always thought you were a jerk. Cute one too" she giggled, placing her hand on his left cheek. Slowly moving her thumb back and fourth. "Let me make up all those years. Starting tonight" his eyes glowed as he watch her from close. She was beautiful.

"Jc...I'm moving after the summer ends. I'm going to college out of state" her eyes fell to the ground. Her dream college was hours away, she had got her acceptance letter three weeks ago in the mail. "This summer. You and me, let's just enjoy it. We'll figure it out when the day approaches." He reached for both of her hands and interlock them together with his.

"Jc..."

"Please Olivia. I don't care if I end with a broken heart. I don't care what happens in the end of the summer. I just know that I want to spend it with you till the last day."

She gave a sigh to it. She knew it wasn't going to end well in both parties. But something inside her heart told her she knew those three months with him in the summer we're going to the best memories of her life. She knew, it was going to be a big heartache to leave him but to not spend the summer with him was going to be a bigger heartbreak she wouldn't take.

Just as they promised to each other. For 3 months, 92 days. They spent each day and night they could with each other. Jc would arrive to her home each morning with flowers in his hand for the girl of his dreams. He never asked her to his girlfriend. They would have walks in the park at night, holding on to each others hands. Taking in the last few days together. They had grown into one at one point. They went to parties, dinners, family functions together just as a normal couple.

Each time before he left her home. He would catch a glimpse of her eyes. His favorite pair of honey brown eyes. He never wanted to forget them, who knew when he would ever see her again. If he ever did.

"Jc, are you okay? You seem upset tonight" she said, making him come back to reality. "I'm okay. Just thinking about you" he smiled, as he wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her close to his body warmth. "¿About me? ¿Why?" She laughed, leaning her head on his shoulders. "You leave tomorrow Olivia. I really don't want you to go but it would be selfish of me if I held you back for your dream school."

"I know it's hard for both of us. I don't want to leave you either, but I'm always going to have you with me."

"I'm really proud of you. But I'm going to be so much more proud of you once you finish college and come back with your diploma in your hands"

Both wished they night didn't end but lasted longer than ever before. There was so much to say yet little time for it. that night Jc had spent the night at Olivia's house. Her flight was leaving early morning, and he didn't want to miss it. Both slept in the living room, holding each other tight for the last time. He silently cried as he held her in his hands. Letting the girl he loved was hard.

She felt his tears roll down during the night. Her heart was just as broken as his. His love was so pure and sweet.

That morning, Jc helped her pack her suitcases. She said her finally goodbyes to her family, hugging them and giving her parents kisses. As they arrived the airport, Jc hugged her like if it was the end of the world.

"Jc...I'm so scared" she cried in his chest as they hugged "don't be, love." He whispered in her ear. "You're going to be great. You're smart, beautiful, and funny" he separated from her.

"I love you Olivia. If I could I would have done it all over again." He said. "I love you So much Jc" she reached over to his lips and kissed him. Their first and last kiss.

"Understand the one that you love. Loves you in so many ways" he reminded her. "Goodbye Jc"

And for the last time, he kissed her forehead as he watched her leave. There she went, off to chase her dreams. Who knew when she would come back. Not to town thought, she would for her family. But who knew if she would come back to him. maybe she would find a boyfriend in college and forget about him. Maybe she would forget about their existence.

He knew he wouldn't forget her. She was the girl for him. they had promised each other not to wait for either one in case one of them didn't come back. maybe it was for the best of them.

But Jc knew he would always wait for her, even if it meant she wouldn't. That day she left his heart, not knowing. Hoping one day she would come back and give it back to him.