Chapter Three

None of the friends had classes so Ruby had been invited by Divina and the other sirens to go into Jericho to hang out, and they volunteered to help pick things to spice up her room

The group had just been in the coffee shop, and Ruby was the last to get her drink. They were all going to go sit at the town square lawn, and she told them to go ahead, it was right across the street anyways.

"Ruby."

There it was, the dead voice of Wednesday Addams, coming to haunt Ruby once again.

"Sister, what brings you to a coffee shop? Aren't you supposed to be in therapy? I saw Principal Weems waiting in a van earlier."

"I'm escaping, I thought you would want to as well."

This made Ruby laugh bitterly, "Are you kidding me Wednesday? I like it at Nevermore, we've been here for less than two days. You haven't even given it a chance, and you're already trying to leave. News flash, Wednesday, just because you don't like it here, doesn't mean I don't." Ruby turned to pick up her coffee, and paid the boy behind the counter, "Thank you, have a good day." She pushed past Wednesday as she heard the coffee machine make weird noises.

Ruby made her way across the street to her friends with an annoyed look on her face, "What happened to you?" Kent asked.

"My sister." That was all she needed to say, as the group let out sounds of understanding. "It doesn't matter, let's just enjoy our day off campus and get to shopping."

The group had a great day, they spent it going in shops to find things to decorate Ruby's room and they just joked around. They went back to Midnight Tower and helped Ruby put her vision to reality, they created a green canopy above her bed, painted her desk, and put drawings in picture frames, hung up new decorations. It was a dream room, she had white bedding, white and green throw pillows, white furniture that she had changed with magic, and walls covered in beautiful artwork.

They eventually finished with the room and settled down to just hang out and lounge around. Someone knocked on the door which confused Ruby, who would be knocking on her door when all of her friends were with her?

She opened it to see the guy from fencing, a boy she learned to be Ajax, and a girl she heard being called Yoko. "Um, hi?"

"Hey, I'm Ajax, this is Xavier and Yoko, we were looking for them," he pointed to the sirens in her room and continued, "and someone said you were all in here."

"Oh, uh, okay, come on in, I'm Ruby." She stepped out of the way to let them all in.

They all looked around at the room, "This is your room? Did you do all of this? How did you get a couch and chairs up here?" Ajax was one curious dude.

The girl chuckled, "Yes, not all of it, I had help," she gestured to her siren friends, "and magic." She held her hand towards her desk chair and shrunk it before enlarging it again.