- 1 -

Lightning crackled in the sky as Wednesday Addams stepped out of her house and onto her front porch. It was a relatively nice day, but Wednesday always seemed to have a negative affect on things. Her mother told her she needed to get a job, so she applied to be a barista at a local coffee shop. She, surprisingly, passed her interview with flying colors and was hired. Apparently, coffee shops are now hiring misanthropic lesbians with braids now. Just in case any of you fit that description, wink wink.

The coffee shops door bell rings as the raven haired girl entered, catching a few peoples eyes as she walked up to the counter.

"Hello? Anyone here?" She asked while ringing the bell that sat on the counter. A hand smacked hers away lightly before she could ring it again. A boy with brunette colored hair and sparkly blue eyes appeared in front of her. "Hi. I'm Wednesday, I was interviewed a few days ago for a barista job." She stated quietly, crossing her arms.

"Oh, right. Follow me please." The boy said. Wednesday did as told and followed him behind the counter, into the kitchen, and eventually to a back office. He leaned over and grabbed a apron from a cardboard box and turned to face the raven haired girl again. "Here, we'll get you a name tag soon." He said, handing her the piece of fabric. Wednesday quickly put it on and smoothed it down nicely. The boy, named "Tyler" according to his name tag, motioned for Wednesday to follow him back through the kitchen and into the main area. "You can start today, but you can basically just chill since we don't have a trainer available." Tyler said, nodding to a table near the counter. Wednesday nodded in agreement and sat down.

Wednesday quietly reached into her back jean pocket and pulled out earbuds and her phone. She put an earbud into each ear and pulled the other end into her phone. The raven haired girl unlocked her phone and clicked the 'Spotify' icon. She chose a playlist and set her phone in her lap. Classical music began to flood her ears as she tapped along quietly. Just as she was starting to sink into the music, a figure sat down across from her. Wednesday quickly paused the music and took out one earbud. The girl across from her smiled kindly and stuck out her hand.

"Hi! I'm Enid, and I work here too!" She said with a bit too much energy. Wednesday shook her hand and nodded.

"Wednesday." She said in a monotone voice. To which Enid replied,

"Like the day of the week?" And Wednesday shook her head, though inside she wanted to grab Enid by the throat and.. anyways! The two girls sat in awkward silence for awhile, Enid trying to catch Wednesdays eye and Wednesday trying to avoid eye contact. This lasted until Tyler came back out and walked up to the table Enid and Wednesday were at.

"Oh, hi Enid. I see you've met our new hire." He said, pulling a chair up to the table. Enid smiled warmly, her eyes lighting up.

"Yes, I have! She seems nice." Enid replied, to which Wednesday scoffed and put an earbud back in. "Though I don't think she likes me very much.."
———————
a/n: i definitely ended this in a weird way, but i just really wanted to post the first chapter. pls give me ideas for the next one and ill love you forever 🙏
words: 593