Chapter one - Mortal

I was picking berries in the forest for my family when I heard twings breaking and leaves crunching behind me I looked over my shoulder and saw a mortal "Why are you here mortal?" I asked and they didn't respond for a moment "I could ask you the same liful but if you really want to know i have gotten lost.." The mortal said a red shade covering their face I laughed "Well I'll help you get back to your village if you help me pick these berries mortal!" I said and the mortal walked over to me "I have a good way of picking berries if you'd like to try it.." The mortal said I nodded in agreement as they started to run their hand through the stem getting large amounts of berries putting them all in my basket "Thank you mortal we only needed that many as promised I'll help you get to your village just hold onto my hand!" I said putting my hand out and the mortal grabbed it and a purple mist clouded everything in sight and when it went away we were at a village "Thank you mortal for helping me pick berries." I said bowing slightly the mortal bowed back "My name is Lif if you ever find me again mortal." I said before the same purple mist clouded everything in sight and I was in the cave where Mali, my Father was cooking rabbit a rare meal "You're back Liffy!" My little sister said "Nice to see you too Yim but I have to put these berries on the counter for Mali." I said and she ran to her room and I sighed putting the berries on the counter "Im gonna be in the forest Mali ill be back when the sun starts to set." I said "Be careful Lif you don't know if mortals will be aggressive tonight and I don't want you to end up like your mother." Mali said as I walked out of the cave making sure to rehide it so if any aggressive mortals couldn't find it or crack the code. I went deeper into the forest eventually seeing a small town well not really a town at all just a small gathering of mortals I walked in and they where making something called 'Soup' I watched not making any sound when they seemed to all be doing something wrong "I can help you I think." I said and the all turned to me "A liful everyone hide!" One of them screamed as they all scrambled into any direction I looked at their so called 'Soup' and it was in need of some sort of stirring and they didn't have anything to stir it with so I got a small stick and made a handle out of it and stirred it and it began to have normal smoke color not black anymore but white just as it should be when cooking and the mortals all peeked out and saw me stirring and some approached me with spears I stopped stirring "Mortals if you dare lay a finger on my you'll be my next dinner!" I said it was an empty threat most liful sub species along with the main species ate mainly fruits,berries,and anything considered non meat but my species sometimes ate rabbit and deer but rarely. One mortal attacked me so I shot poison into their face and fled climbing up a tree it was a high tree and I looked and the sun was setting and fast so I ran to the cave and cracked the code rehiding it as I got in "Lif you're just in time for this cooked rabbit!" Mali said giving Yim,me and himself rabbit in a wooden bowl "Thanks Mali." I said before eating the rabbit and grabbing the bowl Yim was done with her bowl so I grabbed it washing it with me and drying it setting it aside to use for tomorrow "Lif since you're 15 years old you can come and go as you please after dinner just make sure you get rest." Mali said "Okay Mali will do!" I said as I went out of the cave going into the direction of an actual well town I had forgotten to get the name of that nice mortal from earlier I heard some people whisper as I entered the town I got many glances and stares afterall most lifus go after mortals as prey just for thrill but its stupid because most of them give us offerings to protect their families.I approached a shop and looked at what they had they had a lot of berries and such but one thing caught my eye "Man goes?" I said "No it's mangos." A mortal corrected "Oh well how much are mangos?" I asked "One coin a piece for a mango." The mortal said and I gave them 3 coins "Three mangos?" The mortal asked I nodded in agreement and the put it in a leaf bag "Thank you mortal!" I said putting it in my backpack "Lif wait up!" A mortal said running after me I looked at them they looked familiar "Hello mortal..I should have a name for you!" I said "If you call me Sam if you want!" Sam said "Alright then sam are we what you mortals proclaim friends?" I asked and Sam nodded in agreement "If you want to we can be!" Sam said "It seems fine by me." I said and Sam went silent and I did to "This sounds a bit weird to ask but why don't you use your wings?" Sam asked I had to come up with an answer at some point "They don't exist, you mortals see them but we don't have any truth be told." I said and Sam looked at me "But I've seen other sub species use wings?" Sam asked as a slight cold breeze rushed past us as we entered a dangerous part of the forest "Those species where born with them my species was not that lucky." I said as I pushed Sam out of the danger zone "Go back to your family we may not cross paths again Sam but farewell." I said before purple mist clouded my vision when it cleared I was in the cave again it was raided while I was gone there wasn't any blood splatter but clearly struggle "Ouch what the heck?" I said lifting my foot from a charred rabbit ear I examined it closely "This is mr hopi's ear.." I said before at the other rooms all the same trashed and charred slightly "The only ones who hate lifuls are witches.." I said and the purple mist clouded my vision again and I was in a small witch town "I'm here to know if anyone of you took my family." I said grabbing a spear that was being thrown at me "We know where a different witch town is but we didn't take your family!" One of the orange haired witches said "Alright one of you lead me to them and in return you'll be off a hit list for towns to raid." I said and the orange haired witch started walking into the dangerous zone of the forest "Right up ahead you'll find a witch town." She said and I walked up ahead seeing a dimly lit witch town I approached with caution they are normally brightly lit so lifuls stand away from them cause of fire usage.

(Holyshit1253words)